Turbo Training in the Living rooms - Any risks?

Being locked in the garage is no fun at all...

21 to 31 of 31 messages
31/12/2012 at 15:24

Garage, like the peace and quiet away from everyone, set up lap top and suffer away.

seren nos    pirate
31/12/2012 at 16:11

we haven't got a garage so its the living room...............but working to HR so doesn't matter really.....watching tv/dvds works but then i wouldn't / couldn't do a long session on it..........

hubby uses it for a 30 min easy cycle after his long runs as a way to cool down and to extend the session without risking injury of running longer

Blisters    pirate
01/01/2013 at 17:33

I'm new to this, but found a DVD to be pretty much essential. Thankfully I bought a turbo with a digital display screen for interesting numbers. Every 15 minutes I'll throw in a 3 minute climb and get out of the saddle.
My set up is in the garage, but it faces a window, and that's where it will stay.

01/01/2013 at 17:35

If you get in the way of the telly when an important programme is on, you'll be killed outright!................just saying.....

01/01/2013 at 17:57

I use mine in the living room with an exercise mat underneath to collect any sweat etc. I tend to use it early morning before the heating comes on, and manage without a fan, sometimes I open a window for a bit of air and to cool things down. 

today I turboed in the afternoon and my youngest son came and sat to watch me and the sufferfest video! You do need to be careful of the kids messing around near the rear wheel though, wouldn't want any nasty accidents. I do put the bike back in the shed though and don't leave it set up in the living room

02/01/2013 at 14:49

I turbo in the loft, nice and cool and out of everyones way. Have speakers that I hook up to my iPhone and listen to podcasts. I found DVD watching tricky as room is at a premium and the only place for the screen meant craining my neck to see it.

Downside is I can't easily take my bike off the turbo and out for a ride as I have to take the wheels off to get it through the loft hatch.

02/01/2013 at 15:01

I think if I set my turbo up in the living room it would end in divorce.

Mines in the shed.  It's cooler in there anyway.  Tri bars hold the ipad and I can spin away while watching something.

Must admit though I do try and get out on the bike as much as possible this time of the year.  Turbo training bores me to death and lets not start on treadmill running....

BWT
02/01/2013 at 22:02

Tricialitt your right she wasn't happy...  Hagakure..  I feel that if it stays in the living room you might be right, so back to the garage but with new motivation!!!

seren nos    pirate
02/01/2013 at 22:14

I used mine again in the living room......with fan.had to get the son to put the TV louder because of the noise of the fan and turbo............and fetch me diet coke half way through

You lot need to get your partners into triathlon.........I'm sure mine will one day if i leave the bike out enough

BWT
02/01/2013 at 22:50

seren nos...  I love the thinking BUT I am having to prevent my OH from running or cycling as she has a prolasped disc...  Think the turbo in the living room was more of a torment...

K80
02/01/2013 at 23:42
I just caught a repeat of 24 hours in A&E about a young lady who was admitted suffering leg pains after her first spinning class.

She was sent up to the renal ward as her kidneys were having trouble removing the toxins from her overworked thigh muscles.

Following morning she had to have surgery to cut away the worst affected bits of muscle - probably not the risks you were thinking about but it's put me right off spinning.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.