Tyre help needed please. ....

21 to 25 of 25 messages
K9
04/01/2013 at 19:09
I know C2C very well...did the official route on a road bike about 2 years ago over 2 days ...day 1 absolutely no probs, but day 2 involved a horribly gravelly bit over the waskally way and another not great bit on the derwent walk old railway. Lots of glass on bit along the Tyne too...I didn't get any punctures and I think I had armadillo tyres - very thick and slow but puncture proof.
Did C2C in a day by my own route avoiding the above and did tynemouth to Whitehaven...cycled on road as far as hartside via Corbridge and Hexham, cycled to braithwaite on A66 (not recommended) then official route after that. 122miles. Job done. Gatorskin tyre on back wheel. Some Vittorio racing tyre on front. No punctures....
meface    pirate
04/01/2013 at 21:38

tyres, bikes, terrain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmJtYaUTa0

The bike, wheels and tyres are capable - it is just down the rider.

Dubai Dave    pirate
05/01/2013 at 08:57
I use GP 4000 but wouldn't call them bomb proof, I also use conti 4 seasons which I do find very puncture resistant. If I had to use one set of tyres it would be 4 seasons.
05/01/2013 at 09:54

C2C is an excellent ride.  I went with a non cyclist friend and we did it in a leisurely 3 days. I don't think I'd like the one day ride but I think it would be a decent ride in 2!

06/01/2013 at 18:52
I've done the Keswick to Threlkeld railway line many times on my road bike Conti gator skins ... We ran it this morning, very wet & muddy but lovely

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.