UK IRONMAN Anyone?

41 to 60 of 137 messages
19/05/2012 at 18:07

Sorry Andy only just seen this, rides would be good and I'm also thinking of the swims at the flash on Mondays what time do they start?

AndyB99    pirate
22/05/2012 at 15:41

we get there about 6.20 mate...its 2 hours but you have to pre-register on the site at least 24 hours before (only have to do this once)

i cant swim at the moment anyway...my shoulder is well fooked...i cant ride either!!!!

22/05/2012 at 20:07

Cheers Andy was hoping to get down last night but something else came up. Things don't sound to good for you

AndyB99    pirate
23/05/2012 at 10:54

lol...i know i'm so glad i decided to pull out when i did...on the plus side its allowed me to support cat more...she's doing really well...she needs to get her swim together a bit but that will come quickly...she at least has more confidence in the water now.....my shoulder is starting to feel a bit better and i have my scan results next week....all being well i can start riding a bit....running has to start in earnest this weekend at the latest for my own 'salvage the season' projects..lol

23/05/2012 at 15:35

First time IM at Bolton this year. Fairly nervous, now race day is looming. Was very glad to find this forum. I hoped to pick yer brains, starting with this:

Does a wristband system operate on the run loops? I doubt I'll be able to count to 3 at that stage of race day!

23/05/2012 at 18:26

I'll probably catch up with you down at the flash one Monday soon.

Hi Ktpie no need to count you get your first wrist band, half way through the loop at the turn round point on Chorley New Road.

23/05/2012 at 21:41

Thanks! That's one less thing to fret about...plenty already on that list!

AndyB99    pirate
25/05/2012 at 10:22

that'll be cool woody...i might even get a swim this week myself....i cant decide if my shoulder is getting better or if all the neurofen i've been taking for my gob is just masking the pain....guess we'll know when i get in the water.

welcome KTpie....dont worry too much....you can drive yourself mad with little details and in the end they probably make no difference....keep stron and keep going

"perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim"

Edited: 25/05/2012 at 10:22
19/06/2012 at 10:16

Hi guys,

I'm currenty doing some research into motivations and goal setting approaches that Ironman atheltes have.  It is focused on triathletes taking part in IMUK.  There is a short survey here: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=lczdgyz5wcm18pz72257

It would be much appreciated if you could take the time to fill it in.

From the intial survey a small selection of triathletes will be asked to move on to an interview stage involving 4 short interviews (no more than 20-30mins long) in the weeks building up to and after IMUK.

I can't paste my confidentiality info here as the forum seems to mess it up but if you PM me I will send you the full info over.

Many thanks,

TheHenwoire

Edited: 19/06/2012 at 10:21
07/07/2012 at 13:24

Oh well not long now is everyone ready?

Planning a one mile swim, 60 ish mile ride taking one loop of the course, finished off with a bit of a jog tomorrow.

15/07/2012 at 22:33
No, not long. First IM for me. Although only did my first tri about 6 weeks ago. Ready for it I think, how is everyone else feeling?
16/07/2012 at 06:35

Hmmm, it's all a bit close now....having been working towards it for 7 months!  Unfortunately work has decided to go mental, so I've done nothing since last Tuesday, and probably won't get much done this week as "it's all about the packing".

On the positive side, I left work at 4.30pm yesterday, looked at the time and thought "I wonder where I'll be this time next week..."hopefully coming to the finish and looking forward to the family/pub etc"...and then realised that if I'm lucky I'll be getting off the bike on jelly legs just ready for the most painful marathon I've ever done.  Is 15/16 hours really finishing at 9 or 10pm?  That's going to be a long day!

Incidentally, first IM too, lawn is like a rain forest, dog needs a haircut, kids keep asking who this strange man is in the house.

16/07/2012 at 13:11

Best way to find out, Lake, is to cut short one of your long rides without telling anybody.... burst in and see if you can catch this "strange man" up to his "no good" business .

19/07/2012 at 07:29

Hmmm, slow,  you've clearly put some thought into this....perhaps I'll just get through Sunday and then never get on a bike or leave the house in lycra for the rest of my life.

Britrisky    pirate
19/07/2012 at 08:49
Good luck, Lake, and remember to enjoy yourself!!
20/07/2012 at 10:37

I'm racing tomorrow, so won't be on here. Just a quick note to wish you all an awesome race at Bolton. Hope you all achieve your aspirations and find it a massively positive experience.

Just don't come back next week and say that you got your pacing and fuelling wrong like everybody else . Not permitted .

IronCat5    pirate
20/07/2012 at 18:57

Race well guys and gals.

Arrgh!

20/07/2012 at 20:09

Good luck everyone , have a great day  

20/07/2012 at 21:26
lake wrote (see)

perhaps I'll just get through Sunday and then never get on a bike or leave the house in lycra for the rest of my life.

a lot people say that but ...............

Thanks guys and good luck everyone.

Iron Muffin    pirate
21/07/2012 at 07:24

Race well all.

I wish you all well on hitting your dreams and targets, from Kona to finishing.

41 to 60 of 137 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.