UK Ultimate triathlon new ironman lenth race

Pretentious name but probably going to be a good one 18th August 2013

21 to 34 of 34 messages
12/10/2012 at 11:53

Entries opened today - link

£199 for the full distance, and £99 for the half, but with a £40/£20 discount for the first 500 entries before the end of November

Doner Kebab    pirate
12/10/2012 at 14:47
You're probably right cake but I need an outlet for my griping
12/10/2012 at 14:54

I guess this is good news. At least things like this one and the TT and the Jurassic coming onstream mean that we're all going to be able to get a race entry next summer... plenty of capacity. And if there are a few cheapies, then it potentially opens up the chance to do a couple of full distance races rather than just 1.

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
12/10/2012 at 15:54

You can do a few in a weekend at Avon Tyrell

M...eldy    pirate
15/10/2012 at 17:09

There is another 1/2IM down in Ashford (Kent) poss testing the waters before launchnig into Long Distance?? 

Iron Muffin    pirate
01/11/2012 at 11:40

Head says do it......... local, cheap, in school hols

Heart says Henley.........lots of pirates

Iron Muffin    pirate
01/11/2012 at 13:33

I guess both is an option as I was only plannning on a half next year.

Cake, what are your plans?

01/11/2012 at 14:51
I was looking at this race but Im also interested in the 1/2 activity wales are running and is also in August.
The Silent Assassin    pirate
01/11/2012 at 15:05

Might be tempted by this, wouldn't mind knowing the bike route first.

The lake looks good and cheapish hotel 1 mile away

Should fit in with plans for racing next year.

Edited: 01/11/2012 at 15:05
Rafiki    pirate
01/11/2012 at 15:13

SA - the bike route is on the website - looks flat, but not particularly inspiring - four loops of a dual carriage, which I guess will be open??

Cake - do you know if its closed roads or not??

The Silent Assassin    pirate
01/11/2012 at 16:33

There is no chance of me doing this having looked at that course, it may be fast but boring in the extreme and you have to cross the A41 on one of the roundabouts, no thanks, accident waiting to happen

Red_dog_chris    pirate
04/11/2012 at 20:02
I quite like the look of this but still undecided. I wanted to do outlaw again but could only get on reserve list. Have been thinking about IMUK, although this one is as close and has added bonus of no hills lol.
05/11/2012 at 15:42

Looks a little bit shit.

But "cheap, convenient and only a little bit shit" isn't the end of the world . Could be a strap-line for what I do for a living actually! I'd still rather do a race that grabs the imagination, but this will be first reserve, I think.

Chris - last year most folks who were on the reserve list got in.

Red_dog_chris    pirate
20/11/2012 at 18:43
slowerthanilook wrote (see)

Looks a little bit shit.

But "cheap, convenient and only a little bit shit" isn't the end of the world . Could be a strap-line for what I do for a living actually! I'd still rather do a race that grabs the imagination, but this will be first reserve, I think.

Chris - last year most folks who were on the reserve list got in.

I hope so because I have now managed to bugger up IMUK entry

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.