UK Ultimate triathlon new ironman lenth race

Pretentious name but probably going to be a good one 18th August 2013

1 to 20 of 34 messages
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
11/10/2012 at 17:34
The weekend my sprog gets married, so I can stay retired
11/10/2012 at 17:41

so Vic's jumping on the LD bandwagon as well eh???

I like Vic - I've known him for some time - and have raced and marshalled at some of his races.

but one word of caution, check out what insurance cover he's got in place for this event.  F2T races are not BTF sanctioned - they chose some years ago to do their own thing.  so if you race this event, or any F2T events for that matter, your BTF membership insurance does not cover you in the race, and the event will not have BTF insurance cover in place for public liability etc.

that's not to say that the events are unsafe, or you are likely to have issues, but for anything of this distance I, for one, would want to know what happens if something goes wrong.   as they say, your own risk and peril.

seren nos    pirate
11/10/2012 at 17:42

there is a new anglian one on the 27th july..........and now this one in august....there seems so many on the market at the moment...........is there room for them all.......

most people i know seem to have already chosen their race for next year.with this one in the middle it would be hard to add it to another one...

might be handy for those who are teachers and need one in the holidays.......

so what makes this the ultimate one.what kind of race is it.....flat hilly ...at night.....through forest...off roads.up mountains.....so many angles already taken./

seren nos    pirate
11/10/2012 at 17:47

best value iroman.................enduroman is cheaper and amazing goody bags...

but it looks like its in a nice lake and has a flat course so could be good for a PB......

11/10/2012 at 17:55
Yeah I thought at last years Nantwich I had used my BTF licence

She's already booked the ceremony / hotel etc and its no where near !
seren nos    pirate
11/10/2012 at 17:56

would she notice if you missed it

11/10/2012 at 18:00

Cake - if they are, that's news to me, and there's nothing on their website to indicate it.   you're best checking with them

EDIT - they seem to be offering a discount for this LD event to BTF members so maybe I am wrong and going on old information so maybe someone should check with them??

Edited: 11/10/2012 at 18:05
11/10/2012 at 18:04
??5 discount for BTF on Cheshire 2013 entry form
11/10/2012 at 18:04
http://www.fun2tri.co.uk/cheshire/entry_form.htm
seren nos    pirate
11/10/2012 at 18:06

I saw that dave.wonder why you don't get £5 back for the full ironman..i seem to rememeber getting some money back in switzerland when I showed my BTF card

11/10/2012 at 18:09

Dave - see my edit above.  it does look as if their 2013 events are offering BTF discounts but it still worries me that they are NOT BTF sanctioned events so wouldn't carry the insurances that organisers can get.  for short distances that's fine, but for middle and long, I'd want to know that they have adequate insurance in place

11/10/2012 at 18:12
Agreed with the sanction. I will be in Croatia, so unaffected
M...eldy    pirate
11/10/2012 at 18:35

Goodness we will be spoiled for choice soon !!

seren nos    pirate
11/10/2012 at 19:53

there must be over a dozen now....

Doner Kebab    pirate
11/10/2012 at 21:33

they must think its either a licence to print money or the choice we got now is so poor they could do a better job, cant really see the benifit of fragmenting the current market. yes more choice of date but like seren said how is this one better or different, its only better value if you enter quickly. cant be any flatter/faster than outlaw imo, the half cant be any harder than wasdale. so " ultimate"?  really?

im starting to have a big disliking for the silly shit they try and tell/sell you. You can tell im going to be a cantankerous old git soon, if  im not now 

M...eldy    pirate
11/10/2012 at 21:35

Choice is good IMO .... the less than good races wont survive

You are a miserable old git  DK  

Doner Kebab    pirate
11/10/2012 at 22:22

i know

Doner Kebab    pirate
11/10/2012 at 22:24

but what you said kind of reinforces my point - if the bad ones dont survive why did they put them on in the first place - £££££££££

cantankerous  

AndrewSmith    pirate
11/10/2012 at 22:37
fat buddha wrote (see)

so Vic's jumping on the LD bandwagon as well eh???

I like Vic - I've known him for some time - and have raced and marshalled at some of his races.

but one word of caution, check out what insurance cover he's got in place for this event.  F2T races are not BTF sanctioned - they chose some years ago to do their own thing.  so if you race this event, or any F2T events for that matter, your BTF membership insurance does not cover you in the race, and the event will not have BTF insurance cover in place for public liability etc.

that's not to say that the events are unsafe, or you are likely to have issues, but for anything of this distance I, for one, would want to know what happens if something goes wrong.   as they say, your own risk and peril.

Hahahah, if me or Candy had said something like that a few years ago we would have been getting calls from lawyers

12/10/2012 at 08:41
Tempted by this but not sure which distance full or half. I want to do Bala in June also so could fit in nicely.
1 to 20 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.