Unzipping front Trisuits - can/leads to DQ

New to me...

21 to 31 of 31 messages
16/04/2012 at 13:56
What you need is a v-necked top, so that you are complying with the rules, but getting some air to your chest! 
Slagiatt    pirate
16/04/2012 at 13:59
thanks FB . So if its the next to skin layer thats realy the subject of the rule then thats not quite so bad, for me anyway , as unless its seriously hot i'll more than likely have a compression top on under the pirate shirt  ... keep me a bit warmer after the suns long gone and i'm still plodding around   ( well that and the fact  that the magic of compression tops make me look slightly less rotund )
JvR
17/04/2012 at 12:49

Did someone say Pirate Tassels

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/680713/Gallery/il_fullxfull_297487553.jpg

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/680713/Gallery/!CEnU1EgEGk~$(KGrHqQOKpcE0U4tVw4uBNSbE_I5f!~~0_35_0.jpg

17/04/2012 at 13:24
dear dog - no

don't show them to Barlist.....
seren nos    pirate
17/04/2012 at 14:32
Can you imagine the parlaver of trying to go to toilet in a trisuit with a rear fastening zip.
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
17/04/2012 at 17:09
seren nos wrote (see)
Can you imagine the parlaver of trying to go to toilet in a trisuit with a rear fastening zip.

without your tassles falling off ?
18/07/2013 at 00:43

If the swim is non-wetsuit then men can show their nipples? I rest my case. It's a nonsense rule.

Competitors should not comply and race referees should not enforce. Simples!

Dustboy    pirate
18/07/2013 at 12:55

Must admit, done all the way up feels quite restricting, I usually zip down to about halfway down the skull as per on the left and I have never had a problem. Though that's probably coz all the marshalls have gone home by the time I get there.

FB seems to have a particularly revealing avatar

Now he's gonna DQ me next time....

18/07/2013 at 13:54
Maca Lad wrote (see)

If the swim is non-wetsuit then men can show their nipples? I rest my case. It's a nonsense rule.

Competitors should not comply and race referees should not enforce. Simples!

and of course we won't....   we might not ourselves agree with it but we have rules to follow - as do the athletes...

as for the swim, the nips are only on show for the start, swim and T1 - and the nips won't be on show in the swim will they??  

DB - I'll be watching you mate....

seren nos    pirate
18/07/2013 at 14:21

so is there anywear in the rules then that a non wetsuit swim that women can just wear speedoes.......

and all this no front zips undone.does that mean you can have one with a back zip that is so far undone you can see the workmans bum 

18/07/2013 at 14:31

seren - here's the rule:

22.5 Competitors must be adequately clothed at all times, the minimum  being a one- or two- piece non-transparent  swimsuit,  together with a cycling  or running top, if appropriate, with a gap no greater than 10cm (4”).  All competitors must ensure their upper body (especially the chest area) is clothed during the cycling and running sections of the event. Front fastening tops and trisuits must be fully fastened at all times.

the key word there is adequately and I suspect that if a female rocked up to the swim topless they would not be allowed to proceed.  however, given that some females are flatter titted than many males, it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference!!

and I have yet to see a rear zip go low enough to expose the plumbers bum....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.