Urgent Pirate Query

1 to 20 of 44 messages
11/06/2013 at 12:42

What seemed like a thousand Pirates saw me home last but one at Outlaw12! As a nod of gratitude I want to put the skull and crossbones on my Morphsuit for this years event. I need to get the pic to the printers asap. Anyone point me in the right direction to get the image please?

Blisters    pirate
11/06/2013 at 13:23

Schmunkee may be able to help.

The Silent Assassin    pirate
11/06/2013 at 13:36

Sid

I have several pics, PM your email maddress and will send them over

seren nos    pirate
11/06/2013 at 13:37

as there was a debate this morning about the skull and cross bones not being used on running tops just  tri tops........there might be a debate about them being used on morphsuits.......mind you would have to be very brave to compete in a bright yellow morph suit

Rafiki    pirate
11/06/2013 at 13:41
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

Sid

You have several pics eh??......... my mother warned me about people like you....

Ironholgs    pirate
11/06/2013 at 13:52

you didnb't pay attention though did you Raf?

Cheerful Dave    pirate
11/06/2013 at 14:15

At the time he thought it was career advice from his mum, not a warning.

seren nos    pirate
11/06/2013 at 15:01

thinking of this where on earth did you get a morph suit the specific pirate yellow........its not the easiest colour to match

11/06/2013 at 16:24
Rafiki wrote (see)
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

Sid

You have several pics eh??......... my mother warned me about people like you....

Pictures of you with the Asda shopping trolley!

Rafiki    pirate
11/06/2013 at 18:44

they're worth a lot of money in the certain circles!! Check out girls would pay a fiortune for that sort of thing

11/06/2013 at 19:46

so would Asda security

meface    pirate
11/06/2013 at 22:00

Sid,

It was a pleasure to cheer you home last year, and glad to hear you are back for more.

Note that many of the pirates take the yellow very seriously. Unless you look absolutely ludicrous in lycra they are not happy. My mum warned me never to wear a blue suit, or brown shoes to town. Oddly she never mentioned bright yellow lycra with a massive skull & cross-bones.

Good luck for this year.

M..eface

citizen 146    pirate
11/06/2013 at 22:08

good luck , see you there

PSC    pirate
11/06/2013 at 23:19

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/194759/gallery/pirateskullimageyellow.jpg?width=350

here you go...

12/06/2013 at 13:40

sorted and thank you all. to alay any concerns I can confirm I will look utterly ridiculous and whilst you won't be able to tell I will be smiling. to clarify though it is not a yellow suit (although if I attempt this again a full yellow Morphsuit with the skull and crossbones on the chest would look great!). It is a white suit (easiest to print on) - it will have the Outlaw Symbol and charity info on it. There will be a bit of humour and hopefully inspiration on the back for people to read as they lap me and a couple of Pirate Symbols on the arms to acknowledge you all and by way of a thank you for last year. See you all there (well when I say 'see' i mean a blurred 60% or so!)

Ironholgs    pirate
12/06/2013 at 15:38

Sid you are a nutter

12/06/2013 at 15:45
Ironholgs wrote (see)

Sid you are a nutter

Takes one to know one. 

12/06/2013 at 15:58

And your wearing this for the swim with goggles over the top and then on the bike, before then running in it?

Hows your vision on the bike and how on earth do you eat?

TheEngineer    pirate
12/06/2013 at 21:58

Won't be able to wear on swim presumably due to BTF rules re: covered hands and feet?

12/06/2013 at 22:31

i ran it by BTF and then OSB before committing. they have ok'd it. i will have one suit for the swim with eye holes and mouth holes cut in otherwise i cant see at all and cant breath. once out of the water i will change into a fresh suit for the ride and run. vision and breathing are reduced but i have practised in it and should be ok. food on the bike will be at stations only as i will have to de-hood to eat and then get going again. i have been training by cramming food every hour rather than munching continuously as i ride. fingers crossed it works.

1 to 20 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.