Vachery Triathlon - Cranleigh

Aug Bank Hol Tri Festival

41 to 60 of 134 messages
17/08/2012 at 10:41

Mark - do you plan a 1/2 off-road as well??  that would be pretty interesting - not many of those around on the circuit bar that tough bugger up in Scotland

IronCat5    pirate
17/08/2012 at 10:51

Mark, a road HIM would be great too. Late enough in the year for the water to be warm.

Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Looks like a fun event/set-up, I may try and come down, cant confirm yet.

Sprints on consecutive weekends Barlos? Steady on!

17/08/2012 at 10:58
fat buddha wrote (see)

it's a bloody shame that I can't make this year as I wanted to do the off-road one - maybe next year instead but then if it's Bank Holiday weekend again that may be a no-go as we are looking at a 1/2 IM in Northern France...

What's the 1/2IM FB?  Sounds tempting for next year.

I think a road 1/2IM would go down well at Vachery as well next year Mark,  I'd be interested in that.

&......... CD that sounds like a challenge with a bacon butty as a prize!

Edited: 17/08/2012 at 10:59
17/08/2012 at 11:14

Another vote for an off road half IM.  And you do have a large chunk of the Downslink to play with

17/08/2012 at 11:15

And actually August is a really good time to hold it as it doesn't clash with too much else around here

Cheerful Dave    pirate
17/08/2012 at 11:33

I think you might be on to a winner actually Jaffa - I might need a little more than half an hour head start to finish an Oly before you finish a sprint, especially a sprint with only a 16k bike! 

Mind you, I might catch you if you stop for breakfast in T1 as usual...

I thought the same about August HC, September's pretty busy with HIM & IM races.  A HIM a week earlier in August would be the perfect run-in to Henley though.

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
17/08/2012 at 17:02

Right i'm booked, bit of an early start though.... google reckons 1.5hrs obviously i won't be in the running for the bacon butty prize then! 

+1 for me Mark on a half IM option as a pre-cursor for those of us intending to do Henley next year

IronCat5    pirate
17/08/2012 at 17:24

In like Flynn for the sprint option. A whole bag of hurt before breakfast. Last one to finish buys the butties.

About an hour for me from here.

17/08/2012 at 17:25

Jaffa - this one - http://www.chtriman.com/accueil-uk/

It's in the new national rowing lake (like HPP) in Gravelines - between Calais and Dunkirk.  easy to get to by ferry from Dover.  and the course, bar 2 lumps on the bike, is pretty pan flat.  I'm going to pop a thread up sometime soon to see if we can get a pirate raid going.....

IronCat5    pirate
17/08/2012 at 17:39

Looks interesting FB. 80€ for an afternoon HIM, and a potential to only be away for one night.

Not sure about racing on the wrong side of the road

17/08/2012 at 17:43

new thread about it Cat

Cheerful Dave    pirate
19/08/2012 at 10:29

Entered this now, the Oly version, so I hope all you sprinters are going to get there early to cheer us off.

IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Not sure about racing on the wrong side of the road

It's fine when it's not on closed roads, the traffic doesn't let you forget, but I've had trouble on closed roads - turn at a junction, then realise half a mile later (sorry, 0.8km later) that I'm on the wrong side of the road.

meface    pirate
20/08/2012 at 22:40

Right I'm in. Was going to be the double but didn;t get it sorted so I'm in for the Oly - wife seems happier that I'll be back earlier.

Would have done sprint but 16km/10m. on the flat hardly seems worth winding the bike up. 30-minute bike, with a 5km run I could be at risk of topsy turvey splits.

Now just CD to catch

Wonders about borrowing some bling wheels to assist!

meface    pirate
20/08/2012 at 22:49

Feck - just realised I have to swim 1500m - hopefully more corners than Outlaw, I got so bored on that swim waiting for something to happen.

IronCat5    pirate
20/08/2012 at 22:52

I believe both sprint and oly swim at out and back. 1 less turn than Outlaw

Trogs    pirate
21/08/2012 at 20:47

Looks like you'll all be done, dusted and headed for home before I even get there.

Bet I have much more fun than the lot of you on the Xsprint though. Not to mention the added bonus of not having to get up at o'crack sparrow 

21/08/2012 at 21:20

In for my first ever tri, just hope I can get out of my wetsuit as I have horrible visions of having to cycle and run in the bloody thing.

IronCat5    pirate
21/08/2012 at 21:51

You'll be fine Kate. Get yourself to Boots and get a tube of their cheapest lubricant. Cover your arms, legs and wetsuit arms and legs with it, and you'll slip right out of it. Are you doing the sprint?

My wettie is now 1" shorter in the legs. Rather jaggedy, but at least my feet will fit through.

45 minutes hard today on the bike, with 1km hard run off the bike, then 10min easy run. Sunday is going to hurt.

21/08/2012 at 22:09

I'm planning to lather myself in bodyglide, hope it isn't dusty on the roads afterwards as I'll be all crispy. Just doing the sprint as I have a marathon the day before and I am not that hardcore.

IronCat5    pirate
21/08/2012 at 22:20

I think it's due to be slightly damp.

Marathon the day before = hardcore!

41 to 60 of 134 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.