Vachery Triathlon - Cranleigh

Aug Bank Hol Tri Festival

61 to 80 of 134 messages
Cheerful Dave    pirate
22/08/2012 at 06:43

Kate, most regular triathletes use margerine as a cheaper alternative to bodyglide - get yourself a tub of that and smear it all over before the race.  Get someone to help with those 'hard to reach' areas.

meface    pirate
22/08/2012 at 07:51

*Wonders whether to volunteer to assist*

22/08/2012 at 08:14

Not margarine, I'm more of a butter kind of girl, or I could see if they have any spare bacon fat from the butty van.

22/08/2012 at 08:26
Kate don't encourage them :0)

Are you doing the Thames meander on saturday ?
22/08/2012 at 08:43

Good stuff Kate,  welcome to the madhouse

My participation now depends upon late fitness test having made a slight mess of my ribs at the weekend,  managed to sit on the static bike upright for 20 mins yesterday (little power but nothing new there!) it'll be the running and swimming bit that's could be a problem.
I'll turn up to support otherwise,  as much to laugh at Kate trying to struggle out of her wetsuit

22/08/2012 at 09:01
What did you do Jaffa?
Cheerful Dave    pirate
22/08/2012 at 09:02
m..eface wrote (see)

Right I'm in. Was going to be the double but didn;t get it sorted so I'm in for the Oly - wife seems happier that I'll be back earlier.

Would have done sprint but 16km/10m. on the flat hardly seems worth winding the bike up. 30-minute bike, with a 5km run I could be at risk of topsy turvey splits.

Now just CD to catch

Wonders about borrowing some bling wheels to assist!

It so happens I have some PX wheels you could use...

22/08/2012 at 10:50

I am HC, although not in the wetsuit.

Cheerful Dave    pirate
22/08/2012 at 10:54

Just the bacon fat then?

22/08/2012 at 12:32

Might do goose fat for the Thames.

meface    pirate
22/08/2012 at 17:09
Cheerful Dave wrote (see)
m..eface wrote (see)

Right I'm in. Was going to be the double but didn;t get it sorted so I'm in for the Oly - wife seems happier that I'll be back earlier.

Would have done sprint but 16km/10m. on the flat hardly seems worth winding the bike up. 30-minute bike, with a 5km run I could be at risk of topsy turvey splits.

Now just CD to catch

Wonders about borrowing some bling wheels to assist!

It so happens I have some PX wheels you could use...

I could be persuaded to borrow said PX aero wheels - they match my bike so well.

Unlike Jaffa I am not getting my excuses in early!

Cheerful Dave    pirate
22/08/2012 at 19:48

I'll bring them along.  We'll need to allow time to swap the brake blocks over unless you've got carbon-rim ones on already, but that shouldn't take long. 

22/08/2012 at 21:20
Happychap wrote (see)
What did you do Jaffa?

Nothing too exciting I'm afraid,  cricket at the weekend on a bit of a cabbage field and took a spiteful delivery first ball,  more painful than anything I've done playing rugby though......or could be that I'm just going soft in my old age

IronCat5    pirate
22/08/2012 at 22:52

Don't worry Jaffa. I see they have a SuperVet category on Sunday, so you'll still podium

23/08/2012 at 08:41

Vintage category, if you don't mind Cat

Edited: 23/08/2012 at 08:41
23/08/2012 at 09:31

Wetsuit update, I went for my first OW swim this morning and unassisted by animal fats managed to get the contraption off. I still like the idea of the bacon fat though so I might just keep a rasher in each sleeve for snacks.

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
23/08/2012 at 09:49
Kate F - pop across to the Fatman to Ironman thread and see if you can find the BaconLube posts OR just google of them... We've managed to secure sponsorship from them next year in the form of errrr bacon lubricant

It does exist and yes two of us will be reviewing and reporting back on the product next year - we've also given them so me ideas for bacon flavoured energy/sports nutrition and nursey has started making her own

See u Sunday!
23/08/2012 at 10:27

Kate,   You've committed the cardinal sin as your actions this morning can be construed as training which is strictly forbidden.

23/08/2012 at 10:51

I'm not sure what the work filter would make of me googling bacon lube.... I'm assuming Frazzles have made the cut for snacks? Jaffa, less training, more equipment testing.

meface    pirate
24/08/2012 at 00:19
KateF wrote (see)

I'm not sure what the work filter would make of me googling bacon lube.... I'm assuming Frazzles have made the cut for snacks? Jaffa, less training, more equipment testing.

Yeah but I bet you googled it as soon as you got home!!

61 to 80 of 134 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.