Vitruvian 2008

Roll up ! Roll up! Entries are now open.......

2,001 to 2,020 of 2,026 messages
M...eldy    pirate
11/09/2008 at 17:11
thats not a compression sock Crashie,  its a thimble.
debbo    pirate
11/09/2008 at 17:50
Meldy you clearly know much more about Crashie's anatomy than the rest of us
11/09/2008 at 18:25

lol. ohhh it hurts to laugh....... (not that i'm laughing at crashie's manhood you understand!)

i love the fact that meldy and i still get a time in the results.....see melds, we didn't really have to do anything did we? i wish i'd have known, would have saved all that bother and we could have just sat in the cafe drinking tea and eating cake.

Crash Hamster    pirate
12/09/2008 at 17:11

Scarf, Meldy, a scarf!

Ok, a hanky.

A small one, but a hanky nevertheless

Now, it's Friday after the Saturday...the voicemail of the PC to whom we were supposed to report didn't work, even though we left messages. She finally contacted us through the organisers...

...er, and that's it.

The press release and the email to all Vitruvian comretitors haven't happened yet.

No statements have been made.

We haven't heard a word.

Apparently, as Squish chased it today, her case has been passed to the Collision Support Unit (Monday to Friday 10 til 4)

Kittenkat, you'd be able to give us the inside track...is this laissez faire approach normal, designes to lull the coach driver into a sense of false securtiy, or do they genuinely not give a toss? I'm a tad cross now...

M...eldy    pirate
12/09/2008 at 17:17
Its normal Crashie

In all honesty they will be a dept that are stretched to the limit as most are,  to all intents Squishy is ok and there will have been numerous serious RTCs that week (there was an upside down burnt out on the road)  so everything that comes in is prioritised ....  thats not an excuse for them just a bit more of an insight.  if their CSU is like out TAI then it is quite poss like KK's t'other half does and a fatal will obviously take precedence et.c et.c
BUT saying that,  if you have a contact number for her then a little reminder that you are still there will not go amiss,  they can always farm out the general enqs to the plods.

Squish we could have just driven from cake shop to cake shop with the timing chip and just slung it over the line a few hours later !
Crash Hamster    pirate
12/09/2008 at 17:30
M...eldy    pirate
12/09/2008 at 17:34
in that case,  get on the old blower.

noooooooooooo,  not THAT old blower. 
Holly_Golightly    pirate
12/09/2008 at 17:40

Interweb is playing up, but I just tried to post that if you haven't got the race directors number and wanted to hurry along any communication to competitors, I have it.

Crash Hamster    pirate
12/09/2008 at 17:59

Cheers, Holly, but the police apparently wanted to do it...

...but obviously haven't

(I think I broke the page, BTW...oops!)

Gyraffe    pirate
13/09/2008 at 10:43

They shouldn't just get away with it.  

Are we going to have to put our Miss Marple hats on after all?

((((((((Squishy)))))))))

Gyraffe    pirate
13/09/2008 at 11:01

Did anyone see what colour the bus/coach was?

kittenkat    pirate
13/09/2008 at 16:02

Crashie... I'll ask Mr kk's opinion when he gets in.

Squishy, hope you're feeling a bit better.

kittenkat    pirate
13/09/2008 at 16:16

Ok, the man said that it is very early days yet I'm afraid. It definitely will not be because they don't care. Leads need to be followed and statements taken, sometimes this can be out of force area. The police work shifts and communications don't always happen instantly. Of course this was a really nasty thing and very understandably you are upset/angry. The police will prioritise fatalities, life changing injuries etc first but please don't think that they are sweeping it under the carpet. It may take a longer time but they should get there. It is a good thing that you have a person to contact. Just keep enquiring if you think you haven't heard for a while.

He also thinks there is a very good chance they will get the coach driver. I do too.

Kanga (M.)    pirate
13/09/2008 at 22:25
crucifixtion, first offence ?
PSC    pirate
14/09/2008 at 07:37
hung drawn and quartered I think - more crowd appeal....
Crash Hamster    pirate
14/09/2008 at 09:19

Nah, break both collarbones and leave to starve

(in a humane and caring way, of course...)

kk, I hope you're right, but all the things that they said would happen haven't happened yet...and they haven't replied to my email from Friday...they've got to pull a rabbit out of the hat. i hope it's a game of two halves anfd that the Collision people dun brilliant; I knknow it's not over til the fat lady sings, but at the moment I'm sick as a parrot early doors...

kittenkat    pirate
14/09/2008 at 09:30

Maybe just ask about the expected timescale Crashie?

(why am I thinking fork handles?)

Calf    pirate
14/09/2008 at 10:03

Hmmmm sounds a bit crap Crash.

Lets be honest if there was any evidence on the side of the bus it would now have been cleaned off with the normal rota of cleaning the bus and now it'll probably just blend in with a hundred other dents on the side.

I does amaze me how often you see those witnesses sought, accident here signs go up 1 -2 months after the event ....whats the point???

I'd be tempted to ring the bus company up myself, find out what bus was there at that time etc.....but then you'd probably be arrested for getting in the way of a police invetsigation  

Symes    pirate
15/09/2008 at 08:53
I was told after my accident/attempted murder that they only put the witnesses sought signs in west Mids if it was a fatality so I guess I was never going to see one at my crash site
18/09/2008 at 14:19

Well done to all who competed in the Vitruvian.  I am thinking of using this as my step-up to half ironman in 2009 - can anyone who did it for the first time this year provide some feedback on how they found it ie: how much they had to step-up their training, how much longer the run took compared to their normal 1/2 marathon times, how they enjoyed it (??) overall etc.

2,001 to 2,020 of 2,026 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.