Vitruvian 2008

Roll up ! Roll up! Entries are now open.......

2,021 to 2,026 of 2,026 messages
ImRio    pirate
19/09/2008 at 09:07

MM  I did it for the first time this year.  I probably didn't train enough and ended up walking lots of the run so maybe I am not the best person to answer specifically.  That said I had a great time, it is a fantastic course (well apart from the weed in the water).  The hills are ok if you have hills to train on.   I would say  make sure you do plenty of brick sessions.   I was last to cross the finish line in 7:34.  If I had pushed a bit harder I would have been inside 7:30 and if I had been able to do all the training I wanted I would maybe have been closer to 7 hours.

A great day out though and well worth it

Trogs    pirate
19/09/2008 at 11:18

Yep, I agree.  First attempt at a middle of the back of a couple of sprints and an oly in the course of the year.  Didn't train as much as I should've - couple of cycles per week, generally 2-3hrs and only a couple of 50 milers.  Swam twice per week, one drills session with tri club, one OW.  Running three times per week, one easy, one speedwork, one longish - 10-15miles.  Run time on the day was 2:25; most recent HM time (in Mar) was 2:12ish.  Overall was  just under 7hrs.

It's a good day with lots of Pirate support and I'd certainly do it again.

19/09/2008 at 13:16
Sounds good - I've heard it's really well organised etc, so will bite the bullet and give it a go - if I can get in - any idea when 09 entries kick off?
PSC    pirate
19/09/2008 at 14:01
for those of you on Athlinks the results are now available for claiming....
19/09/2008 at 16:57
Hehe, that's funny, I am married to a 31 year, old a 35 year old (correct) and a 255 year old...they are all funkin's correct results though....but no Vit on there.  He doesn't look bad for 255 
funkin-baby    pirate
19/09/2008 at 23:08
I've not visited Athlinks before (maybe I'm too much of a rookie), but I did see a mish-mash of results on there.  Must be a nightmare to try and get any kind of accuracy on a site like that.  I'm sure they have a tough enough time at athleticsdata.com and that's just UK rankings.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2,021 to 2,026 of 2,026 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.