Vitruvian 2013

Who's joining me?

1 to 20 of 140 messages
Suffolk Punch    pirate
02/10/2012 at 22:22

Yippeee!

I'm In!

03/10/2012 at 08:24

First post on here, but I was thinking of either the Vitruvian or Little Woody?!

The Silent Assassin    pirate
03/10/2012 at 08:25

I'd hurry up if your thinking of the vit, sold out in 36 hours last year

03/10/2012 at 13:13

I saw that it filled up pretty quickly, I've decided to plump for the Little Woody. Its nearly half the price and with Ironman UK 2014 in my sights, good training I think!

Suffolk Punch    pirate
05/10/2012 at 08:45

Not many of us doing this then? 

Was it something I said?

M...eldy    pirate
05/10/2012 at 08:53

Usually  

Symes    pirate
05/10/2012 at 18:48

I'll see if they offer places from dropouts nearer the time, chances are they will I reckon and if they dont, meh 

Doner Kebab    pirate
05/10/2012 at 20:21

in

11/10/2012 at 21:46

I am doing it, will be my first middle distance!

30/10/2012 at 19:19
Im in. My delightful hu bby signed me up after I watched him do ironman wales! I have only ever done a super sprint. I am happy with ow swimming and am getting there with the bike BUT I hate running ....I will be the one walking at the back! Argh! Scared!
31/10/2012 at 07:38
ellie owen wrote (see)
Im in. My delightful hu bby signed me up after I watched him do ironman wales! I have only ever done a super sprint. I am happy with ow swimming and am getting there with the bike BUT I hate running ....I will be the one walking at the back! Argh! Scared!

I'm in a similar position, I have only done a sprint. I'm the opposit though, love running, getting there with bike and while I don't hate swimming I'm not a huge lover! But it is 10 months (to the date!) away so plenty of time for proper preparation trying to think positively!

02/11/2012 at 18:03
Leigh I am glad i am not the only one! I feel as though everyone there will be way more experienced and I will just be the silly woman who thought she could actually do this, crawling along with minutes to go! Have you done any open water swimming? I am currently running about 5k easily, much further and my knee gives up! Im such a novice!
02/11/2012 at 22:23

Congrats to all who got a place. It's a really enjoyable track - especially the cycle route. Get your jabs before you jump into the lake/cesspit though.

Suffolk Punch    pirate
15/01/2013 at 13:36

Good to see a few signed up here. It is a fun event and great for spectators also.

I made some silly skool boy errors in 2011 and I'm returning to put right the wrongs....

Yeah, jabs, The lake's a bit pongy when you get in - something like rotten eggs!

Looking forward to the training, this sort of starts at end of January when I go to Lanza for some much needed winter sun and warm weatehr training.

16/01/2013 at 11:44
I'm in, last done in 2009, so hoping to see some improvement.
18/01/2013 at 22:40
Im relieved that I may have one advantage then.... I have absolutely no sense of smell! Apart from that I am a tad worried that it is this year! I have no idea what I am on about or what I am doing. I am in my first year of teaching and seem to have no time for anything except marking etc. Can any one offer me any advice on volume of training, type of training, how many hours a week would be the bare minimum to get round alive? (not that I just want to scrape round)
Doner Kebab    pirate
18/01/2013 at 22:56

im only putting in about 13 hours a week at the minute but itll rise to around 25 by summer,

PSC    pirate
19/01/2013 at 06:46
Ellie, you won't be the only walking so don't panic. Bit hard to advise on volume as don't know how fit you are now, or what training you are used to.. Tell us more and one of us will doubtless help. We might pull your leg a bit too. can you other half help? If he has done an IM he will have half a clue how to prep for vit.
19/01/2013 at 11:14
Thanks for the replies guys and a bit of leg pulling is good with me. My hubby is giving me advice but he wants me to train ultra hard and get round super fast, where as i just want to finish.
At the minute I cycle 25 -30 miles once a week ( when it isnt snowing), spinning class once a week and have started going on the turbo for half an hour once a week which I really hate! Running has been limited......I have done a few 45min runs but so far im not even doing this once a week! I was a swimmer as a kid, and did a few gentle ow swim sessions last summer. Haven't swum much since then but I dont think getting back up to speed will be too much of an issue.

Sorry, thats a bit of an essay! My run is my biggest concern. Hubby a bit useless advising on that as he finds it so easy to run and run and run and can't understand why I find it hard.

Any advice (and leg pulling) muchly appreciated!
28/01/2013 at 22:27
Confidence very much boosted! Managed to run 7km on Sat with barely sny knee pain. And just swum (or is it swam?) the vitruvian swim distance in less than 50 mins (not bad considering I had a wee stop and swam the last 300 very slowly doing breaststroke chatting to a friend who appeared).
Hubby finally agreed to helping me write a work friendly training plan rather than some sort of pro torture schedule!

It probably all sounds rather basic to you guys, you all seem to know what you are. on about, but I just wanted to share my stupid excitement and belief that this is possible!
1 to 20 of 140 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.