Want to run with Chrissie Wellington?

12.15pm, Thurs 3 Nov at Speakers Corner, Hyde Park

21 to 40 of 41 messages
01/11/2011 at 12:46

I agree with you AH. I do virtually all my training alone and love the opportunity to run with others. It may be about PR, but why not have a bit of fun too. And that will be my speed session for the week.

(okay, and I have promised my little girlies, who all aspire to be triathletes, that I will get a photo of Chrissie. My second daughter did a project on her for a Brownie badge and is completely awestruck and I can't think of a healthier role model)

01/11/2011 at 13:21

*throws a brick at FB's head*

Never one to pass up an opportunity like that...

01/11/2011 at 13:52
[bounces off the colander......]

01/11/2011 at 14:00
fat buddha wrote (see)
[bounces off the colander......]
Well, he knew someone would shout at him
01/11/2011 at 14:31
Booooo guys, no running with Chrissie, turns out she needs and cant get a license.

From her tweets just out...

"Big Problem. Cant get license for large groups from Park Police. Will have to cancel run & reschedule for later in year. So sorry!"

"Thanks so much to everyone. Response to the run has been overwhelming! Apologies to everyone who made plans.Will organise for nxt few mths"

"Issue is that I need a permit for big groups. If I don't have one. I get arrested. But i will arrange a run in the coming months, i promise!"

Feel most sorry for little Miss Chillibean!

[starts applying heat to FB's metal colander, just for fun!]
01/11/2011 at 14:40

Oh No! Yeah, I admit I'm really disappointed. Have been craming to get my work done in two days so I could go.

And I was looking forward to meeting Artful Hen

01/11/2011 at 14:49
see - I knew it would be a waste of time......

[singes fingers taking hot colander off head.......]

01/11/2011 at 15:02
I wouldn't worry about not meeting AH. You've not missed anything special!

[waits for Mouse to take aim again at FB, now the Colander is gone!]
01/11/2011 at 16:40
01/11/2011 at 16:42
she'd probably miss......women can't throw. fact.
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
01/11/2011 at 17:30
Ive already hugged her twice
01/11/2011 at 17:55
moi aussi

plus I have raced with her (World LD 2008 - she chicked me...). me an P were talking to her just before the swim start asking how she was feeling etc - as we were doing so she was slapping a load of vaseline in her crutch to stop chafing later.......

and P realised the other day, she raced with her at Ellesmere Tri in 2006 when they both qualified for the GB squad for the world a/g champs in Lausanne - Chrissie went on to win her 1st World title (at Oly distance) and, as they say, the rest is history, P had a bad day at the office. Chrissie was just an ordinary gal in those days..
cougie    pirate
01/11/2011 at 18:03
Blimey Chrissie was there in 2006 ? Little did anyone know eh ?
02/11/2011 at 10:41
Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)
Ive already hugged her twice

Yeah, but the restraining order means you won't get a third one
seren nos yn canu    pirate
02/11/2011 at 13:08
why do the run in a park..............why not just do it on a mountain
02/11/2011 at 14:11
Not so many mountains in central London (un)fortunately!

Sounds like she was down in London doing a load of media/sponsor stuff, had a free slot and thought it would be fun to have a run in the park with a few (hundred) others?

Then the Parks Police heard about it and got all health & safety on her?
TheEngineer    pirate
02/11/2011 at 16:08

[flings colander at Mouse]

[runs]

02/11/2011 at 17:15

Hardly "health and safety".  They need to be strict with park use, otherwise it would be overrun with people using it for their own purposes... and the public wouldn't be able to use it.

Own purposes obviously includes "look at me" self publicity, even by quasi-famous athletes in minority sports.  I'm with FB on all celebrity culture being sh*t, perpetrated by c*nts and consumed by other c*nts.

(PS "a licence" means "pay for it".  Those flower beds and litter collectors don't fund themselves.  So in the above read "...freeloading self publicity, even by...")

Humbug!

02/11/2011 at 20:02
Don't be shy Candy. You can tell us what you really think.
02/11/2011 at 22:54
and this "red blooded male" thing.  purrr-leasee.  I'm no oil painting, but this "chrissie" is a latter day john merrick.  remember, forumites: reality remains important, whatever your hobbies
21 to 40 of 41 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.