WANTED: ironwife : all offers considered

101 to 108 of 108 messages
kittenkat    pirate
13/12/2011 at 07:44
And just to qualify, I meant emotionally involved with the sport and/or the people. But that's the same for anything I think?
13/12/2011 at 19:15
Vtd Brussel Sprout I second your post me and my missuss are chalk and cheese she went to a couple of my first races then confessed she was bored after a rain soaked London Mara  I love the outdoors and roughing it and shes a comfort loving house mouse/computer game geek/big brother addict she does her stuff and I do mine and it all works a treat for us
Viking    pirate
15/12/2011 at 22:09
Has Jack found himself an Ironwench yet?
Cpt.Jack sparra    pirate
15/12/2011 at 22:32
Not yet !! God help them at outlaw !!
Orca    pirate
16/12/2011 at 10:50

Yeah, I reckon I'm on thin ice with hubby as I'm doing my third IM in 4 years. He has made noises about trying a triathlon and has even signed up for a couple but has failed to make the start line.
However I can't help wishing he'd get into some hobby of his own so that he doesn't feel fed up over the time I spend on mine. Don't get me wrong he is wonderful in multiple ways but he did comment that he felt our lives revolved around my training which kind of p&^sed me off as I make a specific effort to train early morning and lunchtimes so that it doesn't. But I think for the sake of a harmonious marriage, IM Austria will probably be my last competing IM for a while. I fully agree with KK, there is no way if we had kids that I would be able to do it. If we do have kids, I think I will be doing well to race Olympic distance and do the odd half marathon.

seren nos    pirate
16/12/2011 at 14:17
this thread has over 3000 views............surely you have had at least one private message from one of the lurkers
Cpt.Jack sparra    pirate
17/12/2011 at 09:34
Only off bloody Viking !!!
18/12/2011 at 17:11

Running For Marathon

Team for Life is a unique fund raising program that gives you the chance to directly support Lazarex Cancer Foundation by participating in events and fund raising or create your own events Register now www.teamforlifelcf.org

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 108 of 108 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.