Weedfree OW swimming

There must be somewhere in the SE?

61 to 80 of 111 messages
23/08/2011 at 20:15
i dont ask for much !!!.....if it was all female swimming itd def be wee wee free....
Cheerful Dave    pirate
23/08/2011 at 21:39
TONKA BOY wrote (see)
Hi CD has Schmunks got hold of you yet?

Oh yes, all sorted thanks mate.
Holly_Golightly    pirate
23/08/2011 at 21:52
Loulabel, are you suggesting you've never pee'd in your wetsuit?!
23/08/2011 at 21:55
loulabell wrote (see)
i dont ask for much !!!.....if it was all female swimming itd def be wee wee free....

I'm sure Meldy said she had pee'd 8 times during an IM swim leg, in fact i think she holds the record................. (or is just incontinent)
M...eldy    pirate
23/08/2011 at 21:57
I do and you can feck right off !!!
23/08/2011 at 22:00

24/08/2011 at 07:13
Holly_Golightly wrote (see)
Loulabel, are you suggesting you've never pee'd in your wetsuit?!

never never ever ever  ever ever ever...i mean.....euw
24/08/2011 at 07:22
Well you better get used to swimming through everone elses wee .....field of a 1000 = a lot of wee (unless your a front swimmer up with the elites)
24/08/2011 at 07:32

.....i will snorkel all the way me thinks

...elite?..i wish

24/08/2011 at 07:33
if its Blenheim Tri, it'll be wee wee free for sure...we are posh in Oxfordshire lol
24/08/2011 at 19:07

I couldn't find the wee-free lake.   I need to get tinternet on my phone sorted I think.  Got to Shepperton then realised I'd left behind the map I'd printed off.  Drove round where I thought I'd remembered it to be but no luck so came home.

24/08/2011 at 19:47
lol Soupy,
Edited: 24/08/2011 at 19:48
24/08/2011 at 20:49
Oh no Soupy! You missed a brilliant lake! If you take the road down to the Thames Court Pub from the roundabout at the bottom of Shepperton High Street. Go round the bend past the restaurants and on the left is a sign towards Thames Court, which is also signposted as a dead end, take that and a little further on, on the left, is the sailing club and it's marked up 'Swim' (although you have to look over your shoulder once you've passed the small turning!! Follow that down to the grassy car park!
There's changing rooms in the sailing club with hot showers and a bar above!
Lovely sandy patch to get down and into the clean, fresh water. Very, very few weeds! Just the odd strand or two floating free on the surface.
I'm very impressed and free for first visit!
Open 'till 11am I think on the weekends so no need to have to get up at stupid o'clock!
You can hire wetsuits from them too. Very friendly people. And the bonus for me was I bumped into an old mate who does IM stuff too!
I shall be back on the weekend, probably Sunday!
24/08/2011 at 20:51
Oh and no speedboats or water skiers either!! The lake's only used for swimming!
24/08/2011 at 21:33
Really glad you liked it to PS. I've got nowt else to compare it too but I did think the mini-sandy beach was all jolly civilised. Run by v. nice peeps too.

Soups - persevere in finding the lake - it's such a lovely spot.

Sadly, can't do next two weekends but will be back to do my impression of a damsel in distress in a couple of weekends time.
24/08/2011 at 21:44
I am aiming to be there this Saturday and / or Sunday morning... it had better still be weed free!  Like the sound of a bar...Might have to make it there on an evening.
24/08/2011 at 21:48

I passed the sign for Thames Court pub 3 times!!!  I used to go there with friends who lived nearby and was convinced there was no lake along that road, just the river so presumed I was wrong.   I remember the sailing club now.

I will try and get there at the weekend.

24/08/2011 at 22:03
They intend to keep it open as long as they can, It was getting dark at 8pm tonight when they close it down. Not sure the bar will be open early in the morning though! And, if you're as keen as Dusty take your shoes and have a run around the lake afterwards! He did at least 2 laps I think! Not sure how far it is for a run, but it looked pleasant and no aeroplanes taking off / landing overhead and no motorway zooming past!
Debster, I owe you a drink for mentioning it!
24/08/2011 at 22:12
Planning a run after too, although not sure if it will be there or elsewhere.  Really looking forward to it though.  It's time I got a good swim in.
24/08/2011 at 22:43

Holly, thames path is a few hundred yards further down the road apparently, so our run can be anything up to 50 miles or more....

But maybe an hour or so would be more civilised!

61 to 80 of 111 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.