Wetsuit storage - hang or fold?

14 messages
Britrisky    pirate
02/06/2012 at 18:34
The instructions with my new wetsuit say store on a padded hanger, but a triathlon magazine article says store folded because hangers will strain the neoprene and cause it to perish on the shoulders. How do you store yours?
02/06/2012 at 18:39

Inside out on a broad shouldered ex suit hanger in the back of the wardrobe (once it's dry.  I appreciate what the Triathlon mag says, but surely folding will also crease the neoprene?  Six of one and half a dozen of the other!  Either way it needs to be in a cool dark place!

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
02/06/2012 at 18:39
Ok so I'm reasonably new but I hang while wet and when dry I put in a wetsuit storage bag which is designed to fold In three (2XU)

One would assume the manufacturer has some clue
Britrisky    pirate
02/06/2012 at 18:55
Funny - Orca provided a storage bag too - but then advises me not to use it!!

Would the garage be too damp, do you think?
oii
02/06/2012 at 21:11

my triathlon said "on a wetsuit hanger" whatever the bl**dy h*ll one of those is! mine is now on an ex-suit hanger in the wardrobe, with the bag over it that it came in. should it be inside out too? 

Doner Kebab    pirate
02/06/2012 at 21:20

I got a normal hanger and use pipe lagging on the upper part where the shoulders sit - job done, 

Holly_Golightly    pirate
02/06/2012 at 21:25
I hang mine til it's dry, then fold. Had it for years and it hasn't suffered from the treatment it gets.
M...eldy    pirate
02/06/2012 at 21:36

Mine have been hainging on the back of the door on a large hanger for the best part of a year .... they are still there and in one piece  (well two pieces to be exact)

02/06/2012 at 21:56
Jeez, this threads got me stressing about my wetsuit storage now. Have i not got enough to worry about!
OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
02/06/2012 at 22:18
Just shuv it in a draw.......
Its rubber and stretchy
Doner Kebab    pirate
02/06/2012 at 22:25

na dont worry    just make sure it dont go mouldy - and dont turn up to your first open water swim of year without it - like some idiot did last week, i just grabbed my usual swim bag and off i went, wouldnt have been so bad but i actually got it "demoulded" about half hour before - i think its an age thing

Britrisky    pirate
02/06/2012 at 23:46
Reckon it's going to get folded in the bag because
a) I really like the bag Orca included, and
b) I haven't got space in my wardrobe anyway

SD - maybe stressing over this might be a useful way to take your mind off all the scary training stuff?!!
03/06/2012 at 14:41
M...eldy wrote (see)

Mine have been hainging on the back of the door on a large hanger for the best part of a year .... they are still there and in one piece  (well two pieces to be exact)

Surprised the amount you wee'd in one of yours....wasn't it seven times in one race??

03/06/2012 at 15:48

Ewww!!   Is that why it's in two pieces now?  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.