Wetsuit zip replace/repair

Because the last thing I need is a zip that flies off 5 mins before a race

6 messages
25/07/2012 at 11:41

My suit zip has taken to flying off when it's being fastened, typically 60% of the way up my back. It usually causes just a small headache as I have to take the suit off and re-thread the zip. But it happened less than 5 mins before a race start on Saturday, which caused me major angst. Can anybody advice a zip repair/replace solution, please?

Thanks.

25/07/2012 at 12:02

how old is it?? if it's less than a year it shiould be covered by warranty (depends on supplier) so you should get a FOC repair/replacement.  contact the vendor for advice.

alternatively google wetsuit zip repair and a few places come up you could try

25/07/2012 at 12:12

These guys were at the Tri Show earlier this year and did a cracking repair job on my old wetsuit.  A couple of other people in my club used them who were also impressed with quality of repair, communication and speed.

http://www.techneopro.co.uk/

25/07/2012 at 12:17

Thanks folks. Suit's 2 years old, so I'll give the techneopro guys a call.

25/07/2012 at 13:33
I marshalled at Cotswold113 last month and a guy had to be gaffer taped into his wetsuit as the zip broke 10 mins before the race start. Luckily he was in a relay team so it did not impact on his T1 times
25/07/2012 at 13:54
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
I marshalled at Cotswold113 last month and a guy had to be gaffer taped into his wetsuit as the zip broke 10 mins before the race start. Luckily he was in a relay team so it did not impact on his T1 times

I think he's still wearing it, the amount of tape that was used . Poor guy could hardly breath.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.