What do people eat for breakfast??

1 to 20 of 34 messages
06/02/2012 at 10:19
I am currently in Fink Ironman training mode and trying to think about diet and nutrition. I tend to do a bit of training in the morning and usually go for an oat based cereal/muesli afterwards with some dried fruit as its portable and can be eaten at work if neccessary.

The problem is I then tend to snack on the cereal as its so easy to eat when im in the house!

What do people tend to eat for breakfast? Any good alternatives? Im up for trying something new...

Has to be accompnied by coffee though!!
bburn plO.dder    pirate
06/02/2012 at 11:52

I usually have greek yoghurt and fruit (usually 2 clementines).

But after an early morning Fink session, I need a slice of wholemeal toast too, as I am starving

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
06/02/2012 at 16:45
And the toast has to have peanut butter on it!
seren nos    pirate
06/02/2012 at 18:35
sausage sandwiches
06/02/2012 at 18:39

Most mornings a cup of coffee

Pre a long run I have porridge or bagel with honey

06/02/2012 at 18:49
I just have a couple of shredded wheat with warm milk.
06/02/2012 at 18:59
Today I had Shreddies for my breakfast.
IronCat5    pirate
06/02/2012 at 19:16

Museli topped with mini shredded wheat. Sometimes with toast and marmalade, sometimes without.

Pre-LSR or ride or race I'll scoff porridge. I used to like porridge a lot, but have really gone off it since starting this exercising crap.

06/02/2012 at 21:05
I mostly eat porridge with honey and banana. A more luxurious breakfast at the weekend may consist of brown seeded bread toasted and topped with smoked salmon and garnished with scrambled eggs. Yummm.
Doner Kebab    pirate
06/02/2012 at 22:17
the remains of the takeaway from the night before - although theres not a lot left usually
Dustboy    pirate
06/02/2012 at 22:51
Aha! First sensible brekkie from DK! I am most partial to cold sheek kebab (or poo on lettuce as Mrs DB calls it)

Nuked chow mein as well and cheeseburgers are a well used favourite along with the full fry up. Sometimes as well as.

If you mean race brekkie, well, boring old couple of bananas, plus an eat natural cereal bar for anything over a half, no cereal bar for anything under.

IM brekkie, cold tin of rice pudding with a handful of raisins & coffee.

See, I can be sensible....
meface    pirate
07/02/2012 at 21:42
Weetabix - every day
Darkness    pirate
07/02/2012 at 21:47
Alpen (no added sugar) - every day.
IronCat5    pirate
07/02/2012 at 21:56
Alpen is my preferred museli, but full fat full sugar full salt
OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
07/02/2012 at 22:15

3 weetabix

sugarpuffs for the weekend

Golden Boots    pirate
07/02/2012 at 22:50

If im not training until the evening and not feeling too trashed from the night before i might have a thin beef steak on spinach, or if im doing a turbo / run in the morning ill have scrambled eggs on toast with chilli and spinach

Cold porridge left over night in the fridge (uncooked) with honey for the weekend

K9
08/02/2012 at 05:44
On a work day...peanut butter and banana sandwich in the car between pool and work!
On a non work day - porridge with dates/raisins/apple and lots of honey
and plenty of coffee
08/02/2012 at 09:26
I have 2 slices of brown toast with marmite and honey, and a glass of orange juice and a cup of tea, pretty much without fail every day. On work days I also have a bowl of orange slices as they are free!

I tend to do any exercise first thing in the day, so before I eat at all, though in the recent cold weather I have taken to bringing a cup of tea into the garage with me to drink while I turbo!

If I have done something a bit longer at the weekend I try to have the above before I exercise, then go gently ballistic on recovery drink, chocolate, anything I can find afterwards!
M...eldy    pirate
08/02/2012 at 09:44
Today:
Apple, Melon, Pineapple, Blueberries with a sprinkling of Granola and greek yoghurt

I am full
Golden Boots    pirate
08/02/2012 at 13:20
Gladys M. wrote (see)
though in the recent cold weather I have taken to bringing a cup of tea into the garage with me to drink while I turbo!

Definitely a case of MTFU!  Next you will be drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows in and powdered glitter on top!

1 to 20 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.