What is ....

an Ironman Sherpa?

21 to 26 of 26 messages
02/05/2013 at 15:19

So it wasnt Barlos then?

02/05/2013 at 15:28

I lost it last Outlaw as i was getting my kit ready and had serviced my mates bike the previous week her mechanically inept boyfriend for some reason decided to change here wheels for some older crappier buggering up the brake clearances and gear indexing in the process and all my good work so i am having to reservice the bike just prior to racking not a happy bunny

no matter how many we have done we all get nervous IM Wales for some reason i was bricking the swim and it turned my brain to jelly and i do most of my training in the sea sometimes in big surf  i ended up with a swim PB 

nerves is not a newbie thing i think we all get it to s degreevor another

meface    pirate
02/05/2013 at 22:15

Nah - thats just you.

Although I did forget my watch at Outlaw last year and had to go back to the tent to find it with only about 20-minutes to start time. Even if the start had already gone I would only have been 10 minutes behind. Doesn't make much difference on a 12-13 hour day.

Stuff goes wrong in life - think, act, move forward.

It wasn't raining, I could have done it without a watch, I could have just gone to the pub and thought how great it is that I am healthy. It is just for fun.

03/05/2013 at 05:48

Thats to chilled you may as well had an extra lie in to make sure you are wel rested but your right unless your a pro/ front runner its just fun i do this to get rid of stress not add to it 

meface    pirate
03/05/2013 at 16:57

I was awake before my alarm due to the hub-bub in the campsite of everyone esle up flapping.

Up suncream, breakfast, dressed, toilet, pick up bags prepacked (leaving watch on table), down to transition with a big mug of tea. Hang out, hang bags, check bike, run back to tent get watch, run back, wetsuit on into water go.

I am organised and ensured that when I packed my bags they were well packed with nothing else required. I did this at home with time on my hands and a checklist.  I then never opened them when I got there so I knew everything was inside. Although I don't take much.

Do it, do it well, do it once.

03/05/2013 at 17:05
m..eface wrote (see)

I was awake before my alarm due to the hub-bub in the campsite of everyone esle up flapping.

Up suncream, breakfast, dressed, toilet, pick up bags prepacked (leaving watch on table), down to transition with a big mug of tea. Hang out, hang bags, check bike, run back to tent get watch, run back, wetsuit on into water go.

I am organised and ensured that when I packed my bags they were well packed with nothing else required. I did this at home with time on my hands and a checklist.  I then never opened them when I got there so I knew everything was inside. Although I don't take much.

Do it, do it well, do it once.

Um are you sure you're a pirate? That sounds terribly organised and sensible.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.