What possessed you?

141 to 160 of 327 messages
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
11/05/2012 at 17:51
Yep it was pretty bad, but it got a couple of cycles of its own and my Salomon's lived in buckets of water and were "purged" daily

Thanks for reading I might put done stuff on fink this week
Nurse Ratched    pirate
11/05/2012 at 17:56

My gear got laid out on the lawn and hosed off before it got anywhere near the washing machine

The blog is good. Go on, shame me into working harder.

Swam 60 lengths this morning.

Then had a big, sticky Danish pastry.  It's all about balance.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
11/05/2012 at 18:10

I shall remember that very sound advice for next time

11/05/2012 at 20:14
I'm with cake.... That's much better balance!

Doubt you could be shamed into anything nurse, not like you crack under pressure or anything?!?
Nurse Ratched    pirate
11/05/2012 at 20:56

Who?

Me?

No idea what you're talking about.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
12/05/2012 at 08:31

Raf, how did you do it?  You must head north more often.  

Clear, bright blue sky and sunshine this morning.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
12/05/2012 at 12:43

Bloody lawnmower just went on fire.  Now I'll never find that lost pygmy tribe.

12/05/2012 at 13:21
Nurse.... 45 min Open Water training and 56 min 10k run
Nurse Ratched    pirate
12/05/2012 at 13:28

Good stuff, gas. I am inspired and motivated. (And can't let you get the better of me now).

10k run on for tomorrow morning, with partner in crime.  She's also going to take me for a sea swim sometime this week (hopefully).

12/05/2012 at 16:15

Nice work gas.

First proper bike ride on the main road today, 28 miles and my first roundabout ever on a bike .. scary stuff. 

Also had a bee hit my forehead and drop down between my eye and sunglasses, that was a bit unnerving causing me to vig vag a bit over the road.

Otherwise it was a good ride and wish I'd started riding on the main road a long time ago 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
12/05/2012 at 17:08

Good effort BBT.  

Partner In Crime can't run tomorrow, so it'll just be me and my new choonz on the Shuffle.

However, am wondering, if it's not too windy, whether I might cycle instead of running since I've not been out on the bike for soooo long.

12/05/2012 at 17:19

Bike might be a good idea if the weather is good, you never know when itsgoing to be nice again!!

12/05/2012 at 17:37
I've got an OW training session at the place where my first Tri is tomorrow and then i plan to cycle the route, so that will be my training for tomorrow with a bit of luck time permitting

Good cycle today Broke! Nurse, you'll have to do both to catch up but at least Monday is rest day! I have some photos from OW today which I will try and upload to 'puter later and then put on blog when I update it
Nurse Ratched    pirate
12/05/2012 at 18:33

Brick is a fine idea, gas.  Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
13/05/2012 at 12:32

No bike this morning.  V windy here, and not in the fettle for a 20 mile fight to stay upright.  Went for a run, which was, erm

pants

Wind at my back to start was good, but not so helpful on the homeward half of the loop! 10k took me 1:03 .  

Best tip for dealing with a stitch, anyone?

On the plus side, have discovered what will be my training anthem - Desmond Dekker "You Can Get It If You Really Want"

Edited: 13/05/2012 at 12:35
13/05/2012 at 12:51

NR at least you braved the elements and got out there 

I don't get stitches often and I just HTFU and run through it but I have also spoken to other runners/friends in the past and they do one of the following

Putting your hand over the place where your stitch is and pushing firmly and bending your torso in the direction of the stitch.

or

By changing your breathing so that if the stitch is on the right hand side, breath out sharply when your left foot strikes the ground. If the stitch is on the left hand side, breath out sharply when your right foot strikes the ground.

Edited: 13/05/2012 at 12:51
Nurse Ratched    pirate
13/05/2012 at 14:04

HTFU? But I'm a laydee, don't y'know 

Just had a look at the Garmin stats.  Pace with wind behind 8.45m/m, into wind 12.58.

13/05/2012 at 14:23
Did an Olympic tri yesterday on a heinously hilly course but least it was cool. Was hoping to go sub-3 hours but went just a bit over. At one point on the bike I was moving so slowly that I nearly fell over!
Nurse Ratched    pirate
13/05/2012 at 15:03

Sounds challenging, IY. Good effort.

13/05/2012 at 16:18
Wow IY sounds tough mate!

NR given conditions that's probably not bad!

My training was good if slow!! Open water swim 1.5 hrs and loads of back and forth no idea how much distance we covered, bike straight afterwards about 20km in 54 mins - pathetic, I really need to spend more time on bike that's just embarrassing ;-(

Really really want to (not so secretly) do quite well, but I suspect that might be a season away yet!
141 to 160 of 327 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.