What swimwear (for guys) do people wear if they are doing say an aquathlon...

rather than a triathlon?

21 to 28 of 28 messages
04/03/2013 at 13:53

I think you will find that they are being phased out and all future kit must have some leg covering - much like athletes like Helen Jenkins competes in. some debate as to whether square cut will be allowed.

eventually ALL race kit will be required to have rear zips but I don't think a timescale has been introduced for this as that is a huge move for manufacturers, clubs and individuals to adopt.

that doesn't mean that you can't swim in a high cut suit or speedos but if you do, you will then need to change into appropriate kit for the bike/run legs.  that will also help introduce more into the sport as they don't have to buy tri kit just for the swim (or for relay events)

Edited: 04/03/2013 at 13:56
IronCat5    pirate
05/03/2013 at 22:21

My new club kit has rear zips on the tri-suits. A complete embugerance to undo on the run, even though the string only needs to be pulled down. I tried on the ZeroD suit at the tri show and the zip does up t'other way which seems to be easier to undo.

06/03/2013 at 11:02

so the new ZeroD kit has a pull up to undo zip??  I assume the zip breaks away at the top to allow you to get into it!!   

and what about the zip tape dangling down your arse if you choose not to unzip??  I assume it's quite short??

IronCat5    pirate
06/03/2013 at 13:07
fat buddha wrote (see)

so the new ZeroD kit has a pull up to undo zip??  I assume the zip breaks away at the top to allow you to get into it!!   

and what about the zip tape dangling down your arse if you choose not to unzip??  I assume it's quite short??

Yep, the zip does up like a normal 2 part zip, neither end is fixed together. Join at the top and pull down. I think the leash can be clipped to the neckline somewhere. Google their uSuit, which is what the AG suit will be.

Edited: 06/03/2013 at 13:09
Rafiki    pirate
06/03/2013 at 13:13

Same as a Blue Seventy Helix then? My Helix easier to undo - but no way can I do it up myself!!

07/03/2013 at 09:09

"The back of the Trisuit features a 30cm long zip with an elastic string attached to it for quick and easy changing, without any help. And without damaging your outfit! The zip is reversed (it closes from top to bottom) to prevent your Trisuit from being opened during a rough swim."

from the ZeroD website

as Rafi says, you'll need help to get the zip done up unless you're hypermobile.  

IronCat5    pirate
07/03/2013 at 09:18

Did it myself. I'm gifted!

Rafiki    pirate
07/03/2013 at 09:20

You're definitely 'special' if that's what you mean!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.