What swimwear (for guys) do people wear if they are doing say an aquathlon...

rather than a triathlon?

1 to 20 of 24 messages
cougie    pirate
04/03/2013 at 11:29
It really doesn't matter. You'll see all sorts.

A tri suit would save you a lot of time though.
cougie    pirate
04/03/2013 at 11:34
Aldi have done tri suits in the past ??12 or so. Perfectly suitable.

Also have a look at the moremile kit - I'd not spend too much at first.

Oh and get lock laces. They're brilliant for runs.
JvR
04/03/2013 at 12:25

Most people I saw the other weekend at the local aquathlon were wearing tri-suits. Even the organisers were suggesting that people might want to consider wearing them as it would make life easier for people .

seren nos    pirate
04/03/2013 at 12:35

I imagine that David is more or a speedoes guy and that can work for aquathons......you have to run with a top on though or you will be disqualified for nudity

M...eldy    pirate
04/03/2013 at 12:44

Speedos and a crop top ..... just not during hunting season  

WildWill    pirate
04/03/2013 at 12:48

ive raced in Speedos before  ... oooo! the chaffing during the run (forgot bodygluid) 

04/03/2013 at 13:21
M...eldy wrote (see)

Speedos and a crop top ..... just not during hunting season  

sadly the days of those are numbered as the BTF are talking of banning speedo type shorts for tri to fall in line with the ITU rules.  and under the current rules you cannot display more than 10cm of flesh between the waistband of your shorts and the bottom of your race top i.e. no muffin rolls on show....

04/03/2013 at 13:26

Why would the BFT, and indeed the ITU think Speedos are unsuitable?

What sort of shorts do they think are suitable?

cougie    pirate
04/03/2013 at 13:29
Ones were your nads dont fall out ?
M...eldy    pirate
04/03/2013 at 13:31

Hot pants?  

04/03/2013 at 13:31

Shouldn't the leg elastic stop that?

M...eldy    pirate
04/03/2013 at 13:36

I suppose that depends on the strength of either Wilkie   

04/03/2013 at 13:36

I suspect it's a modesty issue to do with the rising profile of the sport - to get it to appeal to wider range of people, and certainly those from ethnic or religious backgrounds where the overt display of flesh is frowned upon. 

the "muffin roll" rule is part of this move, as is the need to have any top with a front zip done up at all times (those rules came in last season).  all ICU race kit now has rear zips to overcome that front zip issue.

M...eldy    pirate
04/03/2013 at 13:43

They could have saved money and just worn the old suits back to front 

04/03/2013 at 13:46
What about the high leg swimsuits that the Women sometimes wear? Some of those don't leave much to the imagination.
04/03/2013 at 13:52
Millsy1977 wrote (see)
What about the high leg swimsuits that the Women sometimes wear? Some of those don't leave much to the imagination.

That was going to be my next question!

04/03/2013 at 13:53

I think you will find that they are being phased out and all future kit must have some leg covering - much like athletes like Helen Jenkins competes in. some debate as to whether square cut will be allowed.

eventually ALL race kit will be required to have rear zips but I don't think a timescale has been introduced for this as that is a huge move for manufacturers, clubs and individuals to adopt.

that doesn't mean that you can't swim in a high cut suit or speedos but if you do, you will then need to change into appropriate kit for the bike/run legs.  that will also help introduce more into the sport as they don't have to buy tri kit just for the swim (or for relay events)

Edited: 04/03/2013 at 13:56
IronCat5    pirate
05/03/2013 at 22:21

My new club kit has rear zips on the tri-suits. A complete embugerance to undo on the run, even though the string only needs to be pulled down. I tried on the ZeroD suit at the tri show and the zip does up t'other way which seems to be easier to undo.

06/03/2013 at 11:02

so the new ZeroD kit has a pull up to undo zip??  I assume the zip breaks away at the top to allow you to get into it!!   

and what about the zip tape dangling down your arse if you choose not to unzip??  I assume it's quite short??

IronCat5    pirate
06/03/2013 at 13:07
fat buddha wrote (see)

so the new ZeroD kit has a pull up to undo zip??  I assume the zip breaks away at the top to allow you to get into it!!   

and what about the zip tape dangling down your arse if you choose not to unzip??  I assume it's quite short??

Yep, the zip does up like a normal 2 part zip, neither end is fixed together. Join at the top and pull down. I think the leash can be clipped to the neckline somewhere. Google their uSuit, which is what the AG suit will be.

Edited: 06/03/2013 at 13:09
1 to 20 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.