What to Carry on Ironman Bike

21 to 26 of 26 messages
Tired Badger    pirate
04/04/2013 at 20:02
thanks for responses, i think my only doubt is whether to take a bento box with food in or to rely on gel bottle and gels from stations
WhizKid    pirate
04/04/2013 at 21:12
I used a bento with food in, I would recommend it, it's nice too have some actual food on the day as it is a long day after all!
seren nos yn canu    pirate
04/04/2013 at 21:14

definitely need food on the bike as its hard to take on stuff on the run

cougie    pirate
04/04/2013 at 21:27
Yeah bento box is a good idea.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/04/2013 at 22:16

I used the lunchbox soreen bars on my HIM as they aren't sticky like slices but could only fit 4 in my bento so had 1 bottle SIS and 1 mini malt loaf an hour

you lot are worrying me with the kit

I was thinking 2 tubes, 2 CO2, CO2 pump and levers

still playing with drink/food but so far I am USELESS with gels on the bike so may do the dispense to bottle trick

I'm using High5 zero as a drink now as rides aren't long enough really and high5 is what there is on the day

Doner Kebab    pirate
04/04/2013 at 22:26

15 gels!!   i got round with 4 special K bars, 2 or 3 gels and 2 bottles of hi 5. 

Ah....... thats why i couldnt run the whole mara

or maybe it was the pre race alcohol consumption

or the fact that i didnt train enough

- more of the same this year though, it gives me a nice feeling of 'will I, wont I, be able to complete it'

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.