11/08/2012 at 13:57

Probably just TwatCat or Pussy for short

11/08/2012 at 14:55
IronTwatCat surely
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
11/08/2012 at 15:23
IronTwat the Pussy?
12/08/2012 at 08:33

Cheers guys, looks like i need a bike fitting, then ignore that and just pick a good looking bike! ha ha.

love the twat hat and penis helmet comments very amusing!!!

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
12/08/2012 at 08:52

Mark you need to change your name (Tyrant?) and then get your ass over to the Fatman to Ironman thread so we can sign you up for your first IM (and you can join a few of looking to break the IM cherry next year), lots of exotic locations on offer... Tenby, Bolton, Northhampton, Henley, Lanzarote

Doozer.    pirate
13/08/2012 at 13:04

Mark, if you are going to 3k, look at something like the cannondale slice 105 and spend the difference on some aero wheels.  Alternatively, wait for the sales in September and get a decent frame for around a grand. Add a group set bars etc and you wont be much over 2k  There are lots of bargins out there.  Position and fit will make you go quicker over a name or colour.  That and training.   I would definatley recommend a retuel fit too.

13/08/2012 at 13:38

The Planet-X Exocet is pretty sweet! They usually do good deals on their website including aero wheels. Is a fit really that important in choosing the actual bike to go for? I figured you would get the right frame size, buy the bike then get the fitting done afterwards for the finer adjustments?

cougie    pirate
13/08/2012 at 13:40

PX offer a half price retul fit if you buy a bike. 

O.rangeCannon (kona-7)    pirate
13/08/2012 at 23:25
+1 for the retul fit

I bought a frame last january at 50% off, then continued the theme picking up lots of components at 40-60% off.
Some things were at 0% off though (r2c gear shifters - lovely)
Wheels cost me ??250 down from 500 (only 30mm deep). this year ill wait and get a deeper set for racing and keep those for summer training

Before i bought the argon, i was seriously looking at the cannondale and the planet x
Both looked sensible ways of getting a tt bike
IronCat5    pirate
14/08/2012 at 08:56

Another +1 for the Retul.

I spoke with PX and Bike Science in some detail before buying a Stealth, as I was going for second-hand. Got new in the end, but I knew it would fit.

Got the final fit at Bike Science in Brizzle, which took hours. And as Cougie says, was half price.

B_Kins - read up on Slowtwitch about long/low and short/tall. Some frames fall in to one bucket, others in to the other. It all depends on body type.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.