Where is the big up for Gordon Ramsey and his 14 hour effort?

21 to 40 of 60 messages
cougie    pirate
14/10/2013 at 11:46
A mate of mine was a chef and knew him - he said he was a genuinely nice bloke and great to work for.

I think the shouty persona for TV shows has worked well for him ?
14/10/2013 at 11:50

good luck to him he uses his profile to raise a lot of money for charity nobody seemscto moan when he runs VLM each year 14 hours is OK although i thought he would be a bit quicker as hes got acfair running backgound any body who was such an arse in real life as his on screen persona probably woulnt give a feck about raisingvmoney for charities

14/10/2013 at 11:51

Have you noticed he only does American TV now. Thats because Americans lap up that shouty schtik .....

Like how Ramsay who can cook a bit is now somehow an expert on Hotel management LOL.

cougie    pirate
14/10/2013 at 11:52
I much prefer that woman with the curly hair and the interesting way of dresssing sorting out hotels. Whats her name again ?
14/10/2013 at 11:55

alex pollizi (or something like that, her last name sounds like how Europeans would say police)

14/10/2013 at 11:59

apparently those to fat geordie food warmers with the motobikes have blagged a free entry into the Deca IM thats it i am writing to my MP

14/10/2013 at 12:03

What does tend to get people's backs up is when people off that Essex programme or Jade Goody get given a VLM place, don't do any training and then have to walk round or drop out.

Jade Goody got a Golden Bond place and, as far as I know, reached her fundraising target, so she was no better or worse than anyone else who did the same thing.

cougie    pirate
14/10/2013 at 12:03
That's the one ! Cheers Mr A !
14/10/2013 at 12:07

poor old Jade a tragic case of someone who fame did no favours RIP

14/10/2013 at 12:07

I do like Alex Polizzi. She's like matron but with swearing.

Mr A - I honestly don't have a clue. After meeting him I presumed it was all a persona (like the baddie from other tv shows - they're not a baddy in real life) as he couldn't have been a nicer more encouraging guy to run a little with.

14/10/2013 at 12:11

I can confirm that Gordon is a lovely bloke! He accidentally knocked me flying at Schipol Airport a few years ago and he was ver apologetic, picked me up and insisted on carrying my bag to my gate and asked lots of questions about me rather than talking about himself.

Im pleased he did well at Kona as from what I did get him to talk about was his mara training and it was clear he takes that seriously so I'm sure he treated IM with the same respect.

14/10/2013 at 12:15

Hairy Bikers are doing IM? No way!!! Is this seriously true?

14/10/2013 at 12:16

As i live and breathe

14/10/2013 at 12:20

He isn't really nasty on TV is he?   He swears a lot but that's just self depracating - he knows people arelaughing at him.  Coming fom Glasgow and playing a bit of football he's probably just grown up with banter being quite close to the bone.   

Anyway looking at the qualifying times anyone who trains seriously should be able to make them so he's not taken a place of some deserving soul.

14/10/2013 at 12:20

Where did you find this out? I think Si could do ok but I think Dave will be a disaster, like he is on Strictly. Good on them though, I do admire people who take on a challenge as I'm too scared to...

14/10/2013 at 12:25

FFS they are all jumping on the boat Hugh Fernly Whittinwhatsit has blagged a Norseman place

14/10/2013 at 12:33

Hmm chefs all becoming tri-athletes, perhaps the food on offer at aid stations will improve? I think celebrity chefs are allowed to have the same MLC as the rest of us

14/10/2013 at 12:35
Ainsley Harriot has got a place in Western States.
14/10/2013 at 12:50

I think big Ainsley will go well if he lays off the Proffiteroles

Wabby    pirate
14/10/2013 at 12:50

Delia Smith will be doing Enduroman next

Seriously though. Glad he finished and looked like he puked at the end lol. If you look at his marathon he clearly suffered.

I know a chef who worked with him who will tell you he's a great bloke with a short temper in the kitchen. Most chefs are like that from what I've seen

21 to 40 of 60 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.