Where to get inner tubes

- for my road bike

9 messages
24/11/2003 at 13:11
Hi guys,

Not sure if I can ask this here but I've no idea where I can get spare innertubes for my road bike. The tire sizes are 700x20 if this makes a difference (I know very little of bikes - only they get me from A to B) I've tried Halfords but they don't have any in stock for a while. Is there anywhere on line? as I have a flat and a race coming up

Thanks in advance
24/11/2003 at 13:18
www.oldhamcyclecentre.co.uk

That's where we get ours from
24/11/2003 at 13:22
Rob you should be able to get them at any bike shop - don't ask for the cheapest as nice tyres and tubes are the cheapest way to make your bike ride better - do you have tyre levers - if not get some plastic ones unless you have very strong fingers and/or loose fitting tyres. Also at least one spare inner. I think that the smallest size is normally 18-23 or something like that so you'll have no difficulty as most road bikes probably use that size.
cougie    pirate
24/11/2003 at 13:26
700 * 20 really is skinny.

Try some 23's when you swap your tyres - comfier and better grip on corners.
24/11/2003 at 13:31
They came with the bike that I got, only cost me £50 nice and light too and as I don't race or train on the thing i didn't really want to spend a fortune (+ I'm a stoodent so broke)

Was offered it after the last triathlon last year and didn't want to turn it down at that price
cougie    pirate
24/11/2003 at 13:40
Bargain !

And 220 mag reviewed a pair of wheels for £400 a month or so ago, and said they'd be fine for training on, and gave them a good mark for value for money.

How out of touch are they ? What's wrong with a cheap pair of wheels - even new you can get them for £50 or so, and they'll be fine. Heavier, so you get a better workout, and you won't have to worry so much about them in the winter.

(sorry - but peeps with more money than sense annoy me !)
24/11/2003 at 13:43
Oh found out the club bought some spanking new ergos which arrive today - not sure how many.

I wouldn't mind heavier wheels, they won't affect my time that much anyway and I'm sure I wouldn't notice the difference - I'm a bit dim when it comes to cycling fast
24/11/2003 at 20:18
Edinburgh Bicycle Coop, they have an excellent web site and stock EVERYTHING bike
cougie    pirate
24/11/2003 at 21:11
Ordered my Xmas pressies from them. From my wife for me. Oooh the surprise !

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.