07/07/2012 at 16:33
Drinking
Knitting
Blagging
07/07/2012 at 16:35
Finish!
TheEngineer    pirate
07/07/2012 at 16:42

When I started I would definitely have said Running then Swimming then Biking. My splits at the Outlaw suggest a complete reversal :O

ImRio    pirate
07/07/2012 at 16:44

Unfortunately I am probably best at swimming - though even that isn't that quick

kittenkat    pirate
07/07/2012 at 16:48
Gastank (1/3 Outlaw... yes I only did the easy bit) wrote (see)
Raf - when they fix the forum mate, can't do name changes presently! Been trying

SlowEngineer wrote (see)

When I started I would definitely have said Running then Swimming then Biking. My splits at the Outlaw suggest a complete reversal :O

Ha, ok, that's interesting!

kittenkat    pirate
07/07/2012 at 16:49

07/07/2012 at 16:56
times suggest running best, biking next, swimming last, but not much in it tbh
Ironholgs    pirate
07/07/2012 at 17:03

I would have said running until last weekend.

07/07/2012 at 17:11
Position wise, results suggest bike, then run, then swim. I always use this as a measure of progress
07/07/2012 at 17:16
Gladys M. wrote (see)
times suggest mincing best, biking next, swimming last, but not much in it tbh

Fixed that for you Gladys!  

Bedders..    pirate
07/07/2012 at 17:22

T1

kittenkat    pirate
07/07/2012 at 17:23
Gladys M. wrote (see)
times suggest running best, biking next, swimming last, but not much in it tbh

That's interesting because I'm a strong runner, and yes above average on the bike but I thought my running speed would transfer more to the bike than it has.

I'm much better at running than I am at tri, for example I looked at melli's times from the Outlaw and could kill her run, but she's SO much stronger on the swim and bike than me. I'm never going to get close with the swim but I think I could improve loads on the bike, I just don't feel the same competitive need or want in cycling. I guess that might show that subconsciously I just want to run and that's all.

kittenkat    pirate
07/07/2012 at 17:24
Bedders.. wrote (see)

T1

That second piss is great isn't it? (First happens in the water understandably)

Slagiatt    pirate
07/07/2012 at 17:29

swimming ... i am least bad at that .. then bike then run

Big Al The Outlaw    pirate
07/07/2012 at 17:36

Bike, swim, run.

Used to be Run, Bike, Swim but since I've been workin to improve my biking and also learning to swim freestyle again my running has really dropped off. (I'm about 1 min slower per mile over half marathon which is a massive loss

seren nos    pirate
07/07/2012 at 17:40

nutrition...........so many people never reach their potential because they underestimate the nutition side............without you can be the fastest runner in the world and will still get a crap run time.........I love the eating part of the race....

KK.interesting that you could kill Melli's run...I thought your single IM pb on the run was 5:17.or did you mean your standalone marathon PB could beat her IM PB

kittenkat    pirate
07/07/2012 at 17:47
seren nos wrote (see)

nutrition...........so many people never reach their potential because they underestimate the nutition side............without you can be the fastest runner in the world and will still get a crap run time.........I love the eating part of the race....

KK.interesting that you could kill Melli's run...I thought your single IM pb on the run was 5:17.or did you mean your standalone marathon PB could beat her IM PB

I've done one single IM, I bonked on the bike and had a knee injury. I was a complete rookie. You must be experienced enough to realise the progressions for all of us here?

kittenkat    pirate
07/07/2012 at 17:50

Oh and I was also pissed in the run up to it and the temp was high in Nice, such is the Pirate way. We drank the bar dry the Wed before the race. Proper Pirating.

Old school.

kittenkat    pirate
07/07/2012 at 17:51

It was also my first marathon.

1 to 20 of 106 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.