White Oak

Woss it like?

8 messages
21/03/2009 at 13:54

Dipping my toes into tri-world...

I am thinking of doing White Oak as it is relatively local.

Is it beginner friendly?

Plum    pirate
21/03/2009 at 21:55

YEP

Done it a couple of times

swim is in the 33m pool at the leisure centre.bike is a loop out towards  Darenth and back through the edge of Bexley and thn back via Deja Vu.  Run is in the park but beware the last lap //////////////////////////////

startt times are based on your swim times but you can push in................. there is a really wide range of abilities and the run lap course pulls it all together nicely at the end.

Mail me if you want any more info

22/03/2009 at 08:51

Thanks...

Ominous description of the last lap of the run...

I think I will have to get the chequebook out, though. New bike and swimming lessons...

Ultra AJH    pirate
22/03/2009 at 12:29

Dont they have a prize for the best novice? That suggests it is beginner friendly

Done it once and though it was a nice race. I did find the run hard, but then, generally at the end of a tri I always find the run hard!

24/03/2009 at 08:49

Hmmm...

Ultra AJH - did you do the Marshside Moonlight 32?

Ultra AJH    pirate
24/03/2009 at 13:13

Ooh yes Ithink so, if that is in Kent!

Did you?

24/03/2009 at 13:39

Yeah...near Margate!

For my sins I came fifth that day in 5:17...

Good fun.

I have been umming and aaring about whether to go up to 100km or do something new - and the idea of a tri won the day...

Hence my questions!

L

Ultra AJH    pirate
24/03/2009 at 14:10

Wow! I came er.........a lot later than that, but I thought it was a fabulous event and will go back next year.

I am switching between tris and ultras at the mo....although I have only gone up to 40m, if I manage IM this year I may decide to do some longer ultras next year.

So many events....so little time

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.