White Oaks Sprint Tri

Anyone know anything?

8 messages
03/06/2007 at 12:24
I am debating entering this next month (15th July) and the race director has been very helpful with regard to info.

However I was wondering if anyone has done this and tell me about it?

I'm a novice and interested in particular in the bike and run profiles...
AndrewSmith    pirate
03/06/2007 at 13:23
Assuming it hasn't changed since 01, bike is undulating with long slight inclines and declines, nothing steep. Bit along a dual carridgeway but mostly rolling b roads and a bit through the back of swanley to get you out of the centre. Run was 3 laps of the park which again was flatish and no way the 8km they say it was, it took me 34 minutes when I couldn't run 8km fresh in less than 36!

Swim is flat :o)

Good luck and have fun.
03/06/2007 at 16:49
Thank dog for a flat swim :))

Seriously, thanks for the info. I have a mega basic 5-gear (when not playing up) mtb and if the course was hilly it would be pointless attempting it on my trusty steed!
Plum    pirate
03/06/2007 at 23:12
Apparently I have been informed I may be joining you, I just dont get a choice anymore apparently
04/06/2007 at 12:31
I Hope Lee is doing it too!

I liked the race. The run is short, and grassy, and slightly hilly, which could be fun in the wet, and the bike course is undulating. The swim is actually downhill.

Ultra AJH    pirate
04/06/2007 at 13:04
Yay Plum, I am looking at doing this.

I am building my distnaces veeeerrrryyyy slowly :-)
04/06/2007 at 13:26
I will be completely buggered as it is only two weeks after Germany which I think is why I have been told I am doing it. It will give my friend the chance to whup my arse, though as I only finished about 5 minutes in front of her at Hildenborough it shouldnt take much effort on her behalf to leave me trailing in her wake.
04/06/2007 at 20:00
Excellent - looks like I've got company :))

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.