Why did I bother

beware off season DIY payback

14 messages
03/10/2009 at 19:16
Guilt finally got to me and I decided to take a break from training a keep Mrs Ridgeback happy by finishing the hallway and stairs I started 3 years ago (its a big hallway) all carpets up stacks of painting starting to look good oh squeaky floorboard put a screw in there straight into a FECKIN CENTRAL HEATING PIPE! 3 hours later i have got the floorboards up, drained the friggin system soldered a sleeve in the pipe and filled the system wished I had of gone for a long ride instead! beware DIY S0d the hallway back to training tomorrow where I cant do any harm!
Plum    pirate
03/10/2009 at 19:52
Titter........
Kanga M    pirate
03/10/2009 at 19:57
Could have been worse, could have been 240v instead of rusty water ...
03/10/2009 at 20:46
what a cunning plan to get her to send you out training in future!
JD.    pirate
03/10/2009 at 20:57
ah bad luck.  although lucky you could fix the problem and didn't have to pay someone double time to come out and fix it!  still remember putting a pickaxe through the water pipe in the back garden.  not a happy moment in the JD household.
JD.
Cheerful Dave    pirate
04/10/2009 at 01:52
Been there done that.  Except in my case it was the first nail so it didn't take long to get the floorboard up and a thumb over the hole.  Not my thumb, obviously...
04/10/2009 at 08:15
just watched IMUK on TV time to get stuck back in today while Mrs Ridge is at work get all the brownie points now ready for next season who wasthe pirate disco dancing on the TV?
04/10/2009 at 10:34

Evil Sandal.
And IronRose at the finish.
04/10/2009 at 12:09
Only three hours to fix all that?  Wow, good going (it took British Gas 2 weeks to fix everything after they broke a seal on our boiler)...but a bad flaw in your "look how rubbish I am at DIY plan".  Cock it up then FAIL at fixing it is the way to go
04/10/2009 at 12:24
Heckenhocker wrote (see)
Only three hours to fix all that?  Wow, good going (it took British Gas 2 weeks to fix everything after they broke a seal on our boiler)...but a bad flaw in your "look how rubbish I am at DIY plan".  Cock it up then FAIL at fixing it is the way to go
Trouble is I am a Marine Engineer so pretty good with all things practical so no getting out of it that way!  Mrs R is pretty easygoing when I am training hard so I like to do a bit of points making off season (putting a nail through the heating wasnt in the points plan
04/10/2009 at 12:31
mr HH makes chocolate fruit & nut ice-cream to earn his points.  Use the Ben & Jerry's recipe and I guarantee mega brownie points (as long as Mrs R likes chocolate....)
G-Sport    pirate
06/10/2009 at 14:32

Ridgeback, i did the same when screwing down the boards in nipper 1´s bedroom, on orders of the memsahib! bugger would sleep through anything, creaking boards would never wake em up.

G-Sport    pirate
06/10/2009 at 14:33

Ridgeback, I´m a marine engineer too, we must all be stupid

06/10/2009 at 20:16
G-Sport are you RN or ex RN? I to can confirm I am definatly stupid

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.