Why the IM is what it is

21 to 23 of 23 messages
Ultra AJH    pirate
13/10/2009 at 17:08

me too

When anyone tries to congratulate me on IM I brush them off because I know too many people who have already done it lots of times or done it double or triple or whatever, same with any ultras I have done, I never think they are far enough!

Imeccentric    pirate
13/10/2009 at 23:42

Interesting views , granted the style is not for all.

For me it emphasised that the cut off is very important in the definition of the achievement .

Also it underlines the need to respect the race , many , many good strong athletes have DNF'd forgetting this. 

The opening salvo about toeing up to the start line and the description of the real people were what grabbed me , the last paragraph I could have lived without , but I must accept that I am a western european and prone (though not as much as some on this forum) to cynicsm.

Kanga (M.)    pirate
14/10/2009 at 21:53
Crash Hamster wrote (see)

IM does require patience, dedication, self discipline, mental toughness and world-class time management as well as a degree of physical fitness by raceday.

Hmm ... maybe that's where I'm going wrong ...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.