Windsor Tri next weekend

who is coming along

21 to 40 of 54 messages
15/06/2005 at 19:57
Great stuff Mmmmmmmmm, is Nic coming along to check out her competition at Zurich ??

Real shame you won't be there Jj :-(

I managed 2:30 last year on not alot of training, whereas this year I've done a stack load, so am hoping for some improvement at least..
15/06/2005 at 20:40
wish I could, FB and Cartman.

I'll tell Viv to look out for pirates. She's a smiley lady with short hair and a soft Geordie accent.
15/06/2005 at 20:43
FB, just so you know, I'm in the 35-39 age group so I don't think I'll be starting at the same time as Petal.

Oh, and getting to get up at 5am to go swimbling in the Thames, try not to fall off my bike over 26 miles and struggle up that nasty-hill-by-the-castle 3 times on the run is my birthday treat. Can't wait :D
15/06/2005 at 21:44
forgot somebody else;

Cartman (piratey outfit)- Oly
Fat Buddha (piratey outfit) - Oly
Petal - Oly
Tishymouse - Oly
Handrunner (piratey outfit) - Oly
Dermot Hofferman (I think) - Oly
tri tri tri again - Oly
Cartman's mum - Oly
15/06/2005 at 21:47
LOL Tishy!

I thought FB was rather mistaken, but I didn't want to say too much!!!
15/06/2005 at 22:13
Cool! good luck with the times, but alas Nic won't be there, she's down in dover harbour doing 'laps' on sunday!

All I have to do is find out how to get there, without going on the course! (unless anyone wants an 'unofficial' draft!!!)..
16/06/2005 at 09:05
This will be my first Olympic Tri so I'm just hoping to finish. I read in the race instructions that you have to display your number on both the front and back, does this mean that number belts are of little use?

Cartman (piratey outfit)- Oly
Fat Buddha (piratey outfit) - Oly
Petal - Oly
Tishymouse - Oly
Handrunner (piratey outfit) - Oly
Dermot Hofferman (I think) - Oly
tri tri tri again - Oly
Cartman's mum - Oly
BigBob - Oly
16/06/2005 at 09:16
sorry Tishy - for some stupid reason I thought you were in the same ag as Petal! my sincere apologies.........

is Petal's birthday on Saturday so she is likewise not so enamoured about not being able to have a skinful on Saturday night........

by the way - that hill by the castle is not so bad - provided you don't try and run up it on the 1st lap whilst trying to eat an energy bar...........I nearly choked to death last year, and had to stop halfway to cough the bloody thing up..............think I'll use a gel as I get off the bike instead this time........
16/06/2005 at 09:46
Does anybody have an idea where the Windsor Old Boys School is where we are suppose to park? I can't find any directions in the race info. Will it be sign posted?
16/06/2005 at 09:53
is immediately off the 1st roundabout as you come in from the M4......will be signposted...........is about a 15 minute walk to registration and transition........

16/06/2005 at 11:30
BB you can't miss it, join the mile long queue of traffic filtering off the left hand lane of the slip road from the M4, get your £5 ready and you're in!
16/06/2005 at 11:39
Come off the M4 at J6. Head south towards Windsor. Come off at the first exit and then take the first left. Parking is on the playing field on your left.

SU957770 - Enter this grid ref. into Multimap, it will give you the exact location of the Car Park. Parking is about £3 for the weekend (cheaper than anywhere else by the way).

Just follow everyone else to Alexandra Gardens!

Say hello when you get to registration ... I will be meeting and greeting : )

Cheers, Rich.

PS Weather is looking really good too ... 29 on Sunday!
17/06/2005 at 09:38
Thanks Guys!!! Everything is out and ready, bike feels good and the wetsuit feels tight!! All I need now is £5 for the parking and I'm away.....

Hope everybody has an enjoyable race

BB
17/06/2005 at 17:39
look out for the piratey kits peeps - maybe it's our best chance of finding each other in amongst all the arfletes........

see ya Sunday folks.........
17/06/2005 at 23:30
last run done, both bikes packed.. will be catching the plane tomorrow at 9 am...

Will be watching out for pirates !

17/06/2005 at 23:31
I shall let Viv know, so be nice if you're approached by a smiley stranger who calls me Julie.
17/06/2005 at 23:31
oh - and have a fab time, of course!!

xxxxxx
18/06/2005 at 10:44
<peeps in.....aha, this is the right place....>

Go Cartman, Tishymouse and other pirates!!
19/06/2005 at 12:48
Boy am I glad that's over.
That was the toughest race I've ever done, went off too quick on the bike and paid for it on the run.
Unnerved by the amount of ambulances, including a helicopter, hope everyone's ok.
Feel rubbish now but I'm sure I'll be looking forward to next year by tomorrow morning!
R
19/06/2005 at 20:05
from the Beeb:
"With temperatures soaring, nine competitors in a triathlon event in Windsor, Berkshire, were taken to hospital with heat exhaustion.

Three of the athletes were reported to be seriously ill and were taken to local hospitals."

FB and Petal (and my bud Viv) are OK.
hope our other chums are too.

21 to 40 of 54 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.