Windsor Triathlon

Any one else?

21 to 27 of 27 messages
Scuba Trooper    pirate
16/06/2013 at 13:52

Sounds like an interesting swim, but no one has mentioned times and more importantly who got overtaken by Jamie in his twat hat?

WhizKid    pirate
16/06/2013 at 13:58

That would have been everyone but raf who I didn't manage too catch  

16/06/2013 at 13:59

2:34 bummed I never broke the 2:30 but this is just a race along the way to IMW so not that fussed.

WhizKid    pirate
16/06/2013 at 14:01

Why bummed that's a sweet time well done! And Olympic distance means feck all in regards too ironman, 

16/06/2013 at 15:21

Yeah it's not too shabby for an old git like me & only my second Oly in 12 months.

17/06/2013 at 08:47

Was great to see pirates old and new, brings back all the old memories; high fiving along the run and giving each other verbal abuse.

Pity it didn't make me any faster, have realised I'm probably too old for this malarkey any more.

Well done to all, there were some great performances out there yesterday.

not a bad event, just hated the swim in the Thames. The run course was fantastic, great support and loads of people cheering; pity about that hill outside the castle; that got a little annoying on the third lap !

Bedders..    pirate
18/06/2013 at 12:54

GM.I - was great to see you again. What do you mean too old? If I can still drag myself around then you can as well - and you beat me on the bike sprint we had so all is not bad.

I agree with you about the swim. As I get older the harder it seems - not pysically but mentally for some bizarre reason.

Hope to see you again at another one as it bought back great memories for me as well.

Finished in 2:50:58 which was bang in the middle of the old gits age group.    

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.