Winter Ballbuster 11th Nov

Who's joining me?

41 to 51 of 51 messages
11/11/2012 at 19:59
joddly wrote (see)

Box Hill was stunning today. Before the start, the view south (?) was a blanket of low mist over the contours that you could see for miles.

You mean like this?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/559179_10151318531944595_329491112_n.jpg

Well done on the category win.  Great stuff. 

I enjoyed it once my fingers came back to life. 3rd in category and 8th overall.  Good to catch up with you again CD.

11/11/2012 at 20:11

That is exactly what I meant!

Very well done at the competitive end of the field.

11/11/2012 at 20:15
Saw this picture in similar vein from one of the spectators...
http://instagram.com/p/R4-yu1uES7/
meface    pirate
11/11/2012 at 20:34

I saw Cheerful Dave not Cheerful: or Dave as I now call him.

Wish I could be that far up the race and be having a bad race. Chin Up.

Saw Slim and gave him a couple of shouts and screamed at a delightful young lady in Pirate gear on the bike which was probably Joddly.

Couldn't hang around for the finish as I had to be back for family duties but did get some MTBing in on the way their and back. Also saw HappyChap in the Leatherhead Firestation 10k on way home, unlike Dave she was in good spirits.

M.eface

11/11/2012 at 20:45

Thanks for the shout, and also for the "young".....

11/11/2012 at 20:56
It was the hug M.eface. Maybe you should offer one to the athlete formally known as Cheerful Dave?

Joddly, awesome Ballbusting girly :0)
Cheerful Dave    pirate
11/11/2012 at 22:26
Oh right, and that's going to cheer me up, is it?
Cheerful Dave    pirate
12/11/2012 at 08:45
Gladys M. wrote (see)
You can always catch up with Joddly at the awards, Slim!
She is always there with a surprised look on her face when they announce her name . Every year!

Same this year.  She was just telling me how she might get third in AG if she was lucky, then they announced third in a much slower time than hers and it was like a light bulb coming on in her head.  Great to see.

19/11/2012 at 15:28

Well done all! Sounds like an epic race - I thought they closed off the roads for it. Seems not. 

19/11/2012 at 16:34
m..eface wrote (see)

I saw Cheerful Dave not Cheerful: or Dave as I now call him.

Wish I could be that far up the race and be having a bad race. Chin Up.

Saw Slim and gave him a couple of shouts and screamed at a delightful young lady in Pirate gear on the bike which was probably Joddly.

. Also saw HappyChap in the Leatherhead Firestation  on way home, unlike Dave she was in good spirits.

Oh yeah...something you should tell us HC.......

19/11/2012 at 18:12
She'd been playing with a big hose and bigger helmets!?

I'll get my coat...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 51 of 51 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.