Winter training rides in Kent and Surrey

Between October and March

201 to 220 of 370 messages
Dustboy    pirate
30/09/2011 at 19:26
Class move, you won't regret it.
30/09/2011 at 20:47

Having problems!  Have to format whole thing and now it tells me it can't find a particular 'bit' to carry on re-installing.

AndrewSmith    pirate
30/09/2011 at 21:06
bit or 'bint?'
30/09/2011 at 21:47
For the geeks amongst us it is telling me my system32/hal.dll is either missing or corrupt.  I have tried re-installing it and the boot-ini file and it still won't work.
30/09/2011 at 21:47
if there is a bint that can get it to work, she is more than welcome to visit
30/09/2011 at 22:50

Edited: 30/09/2011 at 22:51
30/09/2011 at 22:57

Hope you get your bint sorted Schmunkee and can join us. 

My hubby has just announced that he's coming along so please be gentle with him cos I'm trying to enthuse him about the joys of cycling the Surrey Hills.  At the mo he mainly bikes as a commute into London on a hybrid but has a racing bike that is hardly used which needs more loving care and attention.  I've warned him that he will get some stick for having flat pedals (especially after turning down Dustboys offer of a freebie).  He doesn't "get" the pirate thing at the mo but he'll have to get used to it as he's coming to Nottingham with me on 1st July.  Not sure if tomorrow will help or not!

AndrewSmith    pirate
30/09/2011 at 23:34

Here you go Spunky

Bints are us!

30/09/2011 at 23:41
Dare I ask if there's a ride on Sunday? Cos otherwise I might try this jaffa cake one as must force self out on bike, and it's parkrun and then work for me tomorrow.
30/09/2011 at 23:43
Don't think Smiffy will be organizing a ride on Sunday.....our plans for the weekend have had to change
01/10/2011 at 07:46
Now having to take hubby to Brans Hatch on my way so I am hoping that I am not going to get lost or be late for faffing.
01/10/2011 at 07:59

Loading the car up in 10 mins - see you all later.  My OH has chickened out due to work pressures (he says) so at least I don't have to worry about the times I've said don't tell Mr S but...........

Its going to be a hot one - sunscreen at the ready.

01/10/2011 at 08:15

Smiffy - that's what I used but no joy.  Am having to do a full format now but hitting other problems on the way

01/10/2011 at 13:12

Hope you all had a great ride today

Would have loved to have joined you but just not possible

01/10/2011 at 17:11

I think that's the first Dustboy ride I've done without falling off!   It was flippin hard though and I'm whacked now. I blame Schmunkee for bottling it (alright computer mending it)  cos that gave him the idea of adding in Whitedown and a little 20% number just after.  And no I didn't make it all the way up Whitedown and decided to walk before falling off this time - too many cars going up and down to risk that one.  I did the 20% though.

Top ride - brill company as usual so thanks to everyone and especially  to ferret for patiently bringing up the rear (ie me). 

Edited: 01/10/2011 at 17:12
01/10/2011 at 17:24

Thanks for a lovely day  and yes, my legs knew that they hadn't been on the bike since the Vit.  Hard going but good.  I do hate Whitedown but hopefully I will love it one day.

Thanks ever so much for waiting for me to get there....my hubby needs to be on his best behaviour to make it up to me tonight or else.  Although saying that, he has been drinking all day and we are drinking all night....LOL... but he is still washing up!!!

Trogs    pirate
01/10/2011 at 18:32

Couldn't really be described as a winter ride though could it? Dry roads and hot sunshine, the only real giveaway was the amount of acorns/conkers littering the roads in places.

Not impressed when we got to Abinger and Dustboy said we were turning right cos I knew that'd mean Whitedown despite earlier assurances.  Pleasantly surprised to make it to the top of that and all the subsequent upflats, some of which seemed to go on and on.

Also lovely to see Bassey who spotted us just as we turned into the car park at the end on his way out to Box Hill.  Odd that he couldn't persuade any of us to delay the bacon butties and join him

Lovely ride though, thanks Dustboy. Hope Lord H's mate isn't too sore and bruised tomorrow.

AndrewSmith    pirate
01/10/2011 at 19:12

Glad to see you all had a good time, I had secretly planned on turning up for this but something cropped up. Next time maybe

Lake, I am sure we could organise some rides to take in your parts of Kent, there are a few upflats down that way I believe

01/10/2011 at 21:30
Soup Dragon  wrote (see)

I did the 20% though.

Respect Soupy - I couldn't manage even half that gradient so maybe it's a good idea I couldn't make it
01/10/2011 at 21:38

It wasn't very long though Podds - you could have done it. I've mapped the route here:

Dustboy special

201 to 220 of 370 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.