Winter training rides in Kent and Surrey

Between October and March

341 to 360 of 370 messages
19/11/2011 at 16:02
We were well treated! Only the half hour faff!!
Cracking ride, I really enjoyed that. Thanks for being patient (again!), I am getting better! Thanks for the ride and the cheeseburger Dusty! Fabulous muffins from UC at the end. Alas, no Ferret biscuits!
I must remember to pack more fuel next time!
Good to meet Smiffy, AH, and Lord H with Dan at the end!
Barley, make an appointment to see the quack next week!! In the mean time keep taking the pills and rubbing the cream in! The rash will soon go!! <wonders what Schmunks has been doing to him!>
19/11/2011 at 17:33
Fabadoobs ride everryone.

Yes, Barley, make an appointment on Monday!

And great to meet Lord H and Dan and brill to see Ultracaz

Smiffy - the merchandise arrived back safely and is adorned with L plates. It'll be a little bit pirate-ified by the time J sees it on Monday.
Trogs    pirate
19/11/2011 at 18:58

Almost came up to find you all for post ride fuelling but, despite wearing several more layers than I would have done if I'd been pedalling and having the heating on and turned up high, I was fffffffreeezing so went to bed instead.

First cold of the season

19/11/2011 at 19:37
Really would have liked to join you all today but looks like Saturdays will be difficult this winter. What happened to Barley or is it best not to know? !
19/11/2011 at 20:19
His usual foot injury that has been going on a year, but refuses to see a quack about! Nothing serious, apparently!!
We'll all have to nag him Gladys!
AndrewSmith    pirate
19/11/2011 at 20:26

Barley has to make an appointment with the clinic!!

That was great fun and thouroghly satisfying. Many thanks to Dusty for organising the ride(even though he cut it short to avoind Winterthingy hill under the pretense of having to get back!!!  )

Looking forward to some more editions

19/11/2011 at 20:40

Sounds like I missed a great ride and glad it went well, despite Barley's foot. 

I can't believe Dusty wimped out of Bar Hatch Winterthingie.  Burgers calling no doubt.

AndrewSmith    pirate
19/11/2011 at 20:46
He claimed he was late for getting home, funnily though once back he had time for a burger!!
19/11/2011 at 20:50
and chips ... and a faff!
Although I, for one, was glad to cut it short this time!! Still 33 odd miles though and 800m of climbing, apparently!
19/11/2011 at 20:53
AndrewSmith wrote (see)
He claimed he was late for getting home, funnily though once back he had time for a burger!!

Sprung.

Oi Siggy.  I wasn't stirring. It's about 23  miles from my house to Surrey. I used to ride there and back in the good ol days 
Edited: 19/11/2011 at 20:53
19/11/2011 at 21:40
Prince Siegfried wrote (see)
and chips ... and a faff! Although I, for one, was glad to cut it short this time!! Still 33 odd miles though and 800m of climbing, apparently!

Not as hard as the last ride then.
19/11/2011 at 21:42
Little Ninja wrote (see)
Oi Siggy.  I wasn't stirring. It's about 23  miles from my house to Surrey. I used to ride there and back in the good ol days 

So that would have been  23 miles, plus 33 plus another 23 miles back - wooden spoon beckons I think LN.
19/11/2011 at 21:46

That'll be your regular Saturday soon.

ETA followed by a run.

Edited: 19/11/2011 at 21:48
19/11/2011 at 22:05

LN - could you post me the route you used to Surrey please?  Thank you muchly - can do it on FB if its easier/more private.

Ta

x

19/11/2011 at 22:22
You have FB mail. Going up the B2033, where the route ends is lovely intro as you go past the golf courses.
19/11/2011 at 22:28
Got it ta - I'll that a go before too long.
20/11/2011 at 11:23
Of course it was great to meet Prince Seigfreid too but I couldn't spell his name...

Oh Trogs, would have been great to see you. Hope you're feeling better.
20/11/2011 at 11:29
Newlands Corner is such a great venue to start a ride - and finish. I vote for more starts and finishes there. And i'd still love to do a ride for you all from around my home patch, the South Downs from Winchesater-ish. Beautiful, more hills than Surrey, but none of them as brutal or long. So good early season IM training.

Will post some poss dads when I've got my diary.
IronCat5    pirate
20/11/2011 at 12:28
Artful Hen wrote (see)
Newlands Corner is such a great venue to start a ride - and finish. I vote for more starts and finishes there. And i'd still love to do a ride for you all from around my home patch, the South Downs from Winchesater-ish. Beautiful, more hills than Surrey, but none of them as brutal or long. So good early season IM training. Will post some poss dads when I've got my diary.

Newlands works for me, though I'm normally late.

20/11/2011 at 12:37
I like Newlands too.  Bacon butties are fab, plenty of carparking (free), great view to start with.  Shame there is nowhere indoors for teas if its cold but otherwise perfect.
341 to 360 of 370 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.