Winter training rides in Kent, Surrey and Hampshire

All completely flat, of course

81 to 84 of 84 messages
15/01/2012 at 21:28

Evening All

Thanks to everyone for their company today and extra thanks to
- Dustboy for organising us and the route
- the fabulous Ferret for keeping a watchful eye on us tail end charlies
- my 3 lunch companions - that fire was lovely!!
- soupy for encouraging me
- the fast boys for being so patient

And may I just say that you all look fab when you go flying past and I'm only slightly tempted to push you off in a fit of jealousy!

A long day but I really enjoyed it - see you all soon

Golden Boots    pirate
15/01/2012 at 21:52
A great day out, was great to meet everyone!! The pub dinner (late lunch) afterwards definitely made the train journey worth it! Can't wait for the Surrey Hills ride next time!
Dustboy    pirate
16/01/2012 at 00:38
Great ride, great day out, great pirate cakes.

Will have to try that pub next time.

The Mytchett zigzags have got to be one of the great little Surrey Gems. I insist! The bridge can catch you a bit unawares though!

Many thanks to everybody for turning up. Madge for doing the first lap, Soupy for doing tri bars (with accompanied wailing), Lord H for leading the fast boys, Siggy for calling me a liar (come on it was a hundred yards max, that pissy little lump at 13%, my Garmin said so) haha, of course Ferret for the usual stint at tail end charlie but when he went off on the TT course, by crikey did he get a shift on!, Cat for admiring my rather splendid velocipede, Podds for being far too cheerful and doing the mammoth journey and Golden Boots for telling me how he got his name.

I wil be repeating it, probably two laps next time, though there will probably be a Surrey Hills course in at some stage as Golden Boots has asked for one.

Great day guys.
16/01/2012 at 09:00
Rather belatedly- top day out, thanks for the company and thanks again to Soupy for the cuptastic pirate cakes.  Roll on the next one.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 84 of 84 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.