Woodhall Spa Sprint Tri

6th June - D-Day !!!!

41 to 52 of 52 messages
JCM
06/06/2004 at 20:11
well I according to FS I now sit before you a triathalete! was very pleased with my first tri, with the exception of a twisting top. Congratulations to everyone well done, Hope the half went well FS.
06/06/2004 at 20:26
Well done you! And well done everyone else. Wasn't that fab! Yes, definitely triathletes now. Only got over taken by 4 swimmers (including you JCM) so that wasn't as bad as expected. Definitely have the tri bug now. See you at Spalding.

Tip no. 1. Never do a half marathon straight after a triathlon. Horrible. Hated every step of it. How do these nutters cope with Ironman Triathlons?
JCM
06/06/2004 at 21:21
Sorry about that FS but you made up for it but flying past me on your bike. Have my form for spalding just hope I get a place (have managed to swap the necessary shift) I think you were very brave to even consider the half never mind doing it, I refused to consider it when suggested to me.
07/06/2004 at 19:24
Hmm don't know about flying past you, but looking at the results I am dead shocked to see my bike was the strongest discipline out of the three.

You did really well JCM, and you and Marcia are really well matched. I couldn't believe Helen's swim time. Awesome!
JCM
07/06/2004 at 22:06
It was probably chauffering your children areound on the mountain bike that did it!

Helen was very pleased and very suprised with her swim time too.

I have spent the day feeling smug as I was wishing for a time around 1hr45 and thinking of closer to an hour. I was suprised to see how close Marcia and I were again.
08/06/2004 at 09:52
Hey, that's it. Would you like to borrow them, say for 15 years?

Marcia was pleased, I got an email from her today. Perhaps we can all meet up for some bike rides and runs before Spalding. Do you think Wakey will do another tri?
08/06/2004 at 09:53
PS Hope your top has stopped twisting!
JCM
08/06/2004 at 15:15
I would only borrow them on the pretense I could give them back when I have had enough. I think doing some runs and bike rides before spalding will be a great idea (off duty permitting) I hope you are offering to be the frount runner. When I was talking to skidpan on sun eve he said that wakey was pleased she did it but was not going cycling ever again! I will see if she has changed he mind tonight. Thankfully my to has stopped twisting, but it appears mot to have been the only one. Will try and get a non twisting top for spalding
08/06/2004 at 15:21
OK. Will email you, Helen and Marcia some dates and see what we can come up with. I'm in Boston today so training with Boston and District AC tonight. Enjoy training in Lincoln.
JCM
08/06/2004 at 15:28
Thank you, coluld you please let me have Marcia's e-mail as I can't find it in the club messages I have kept and didn't get chance to speak to her on sun
08/06/2004 at 16:28
You have mail!
JCM
08/06/2004 at 20:22
thanks so has Marcia now!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 52 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.