06/08/2013 at 22:13

Marshallini had a Pirate number belt.....once

cougie    pirate
06/08/2013 at 22:19
I'd so buy a Barlos Action man.
TheEngineer    pirate
06/08/2013 at 22:20
Iron Pingu wrote (see)

I wasn't going to post in here, but, nipple tassels?  How did I miss that thread! Am I going to be the only pirate at Nice tassel less ... I'm now sad 

I'm not. In fact I might just sign up.

Iron Pingu    pirate
06/08/2013 at 22:21

Barlos action man with nipple tassels?

06/08/2013 at 22:29

Some of the original Pirates had done IM distance events before Switzerland in 2005 do it was never all about going from 0 to IM in 9 months, though some did. It was more about taking the piss out of the tri ponces that took it all too seriously and having a laugh on the way.

With regards to kit, if there wasn't a demand the threads wouldn't be there. If people want to spend their own money on things then it's up to them.

06/08/2013 at 22:34

The real Barlos does a good turn with a pair of nipple tassles 

06/08/2013 at 22:47
Dustboy wrote (see)

Anyway, we still haven't got Pirate spokey dokeys, pedal reflectors, handlebar tassles, gloves, socks, shoes, sweatbands, gels, bars, penis helmets, wetties, flags for the kids, Barlos Action Man (I can't believe I just thought of that), pirate embossed lists, transition boxes, number belts, towels (top idea, really top idea) etc.

There are sweatbands... Funky knitted ones from the DIY half!!! 

Red_dog_chris    pirate
06/08/2013 at 22:51

Can I order from this thread? Pmsl. 

Dustboy    pirate
06/08/2013 at 23:13

ROFLMAO

07/08/2013 at 07:20

I've got pirate sweatbands, pirate bobble hat, pirate gloves, pirate toast printer, pirate mug, pirate cup cake cases, pirate socks, pirate fuzzy felts. What can I say? I have friends. They are good at spotting pirate tat in the shops. No nipple tassles though. Where's the thread for that?

07/08/2013 at 07:24

You seem to be missing some stuff there Mouse.   I'll have to make you a pirate key ring and some welly toppers 

07/08/2013 at 07:26

Oh. I forgot the pirate key ring (no hair bobbles though) and the pirate wellies. Wellies are knackered though so welly toppers for a regular pair of wellies would be most appreciated. 

kittenkat    pirate
07/08/2013 at 07:33

Well that was easy...

07/08/2013 at 07:37

To make friends. Yep. Been doing it all my life. 

kittenkat    pirate
07/08/2013 at 07:41

How, by bitching on Twitter?

07/08/2013 at 07:45

[adopts whiny nasal voice of a jobs worth] As I am sure you are aware in the PSOF manifesto, section A, subsection A.1, paragraph A.1.iii it clearly states that if a person is to become a Pirate then they must complete an Iron Man race with in 270 days of their first thinking about doing a triathlon.  Otherwise a person will not be allowed to wear the yellow and black.  Never.  Ever.  Ever. EVER.  Unless you complete an IM in the next 150 days Mr Pete_inthehills, your application to be a pirate will be rejected.  I don't make the rules. [laughs evilly] But I do enforce them.

Actually, has anybody thought about Pirate bodyglide or Pirate imodium/painkillers or something to rub on your arse to stop it hurting after 6 hours on the bike?  There's definitely a market for such stuff. Although not for me, I wouldn't be allowed under subsection A.1

07/08/2013 at 07:49

Yes. All day long. All about you. It's all I do. Or so you would like to think. You are not the centre of my universe and I rarely tweet about you. I can check but I think I tweeted once about you last night and that was to say to other people to stop wasting their time. We don't tweet about you KK. We're not interested in you. We're interested in triathlon. You don't do that anymore. I bid you a good day. I'm out.

kittenkat    pirate
07/08/2013 at 08:32

Well that was easy... 

The Silent Assassin    pirate
07/08/2013 at 08:42

just want to throw my 2p worth in

Yes the forum has changed, yes a lot of people who used be regulars on here have moved on, yes some of the cutting homuor has gone, yes some of it still hangs around (Meldy, Raf, etc) yes people I like only come on every now and then (STIL, BTS, Oxy etc) yes there are people who get upset about certain comments made ( I made a comment on a thread and was shouted down, but the comment used to be common place here)

The forum changes and maybe we have to change with it

The whole idea of the pirates is what first planted the seed that maybe I could actually do an IM or IM distance race and love the fact that theres was no joining form, no chairman or secretary, no members list

Yes I have the kit, yes I have the t-shirts, yes I have the hoodies, but so does my son and come on he is never going to be able to do an IM but he classes himself as a pirate and I'm pretty sure everyone else who has come into contact with him thinks hes a member of the pirates (feck me he evens gets his own thread thanking him for supporting)

If I didn't like the forum I wouldn't come on

Please KK make your mind up, earlier in this thread you asked for it to be an IM club, but is not you who continues to go on and on and on about how everyone should get faster over shorter distances

IronChris68    pirate
07/08/2013 at 08:56

I'm ordering kit, completed an Ironman in my first year(IMUK 2013) and the reason I want the kit is so that Jordy gives me a shout as he recognises the kit, plus I like the feelgood factor of the Pirates, there are Tri clubs near me that I could join if I was an anally retentive winker! but I'd rather stick with the Pirate mentoring, cheer you all on at events and next year i'll volunteer at IMUK and the Outlaw to give something back

Chris

Edited: 07/08/2013 at 09:01
41 to 60 of 93 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.