WTC announce new age group rules

|same as ITU now

8 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
09/10/2008 at 21:23

The Ironman governing body WTC have announced they have finally decided to adopt the same age group rules as the ITU, i.e. the age group you are in will be whatever age you are on 31 Dec of that year. That gets rid of the anomaly that occurred when someone qualifies for Hawaii in one age group, has a birthday before November and moves up, therefore races in the next higher age group in Hawaii instead of the one they qualified in.

IMDE has already applied this to people on their start list - I just checked and I've been moved up to the next AG because my birthday's in September. One less person to race against.

Iron Snorks    pirate
09/10/2008 at 21:31
about time really but it does seem odd that wtc have followed anything that itu have done its not like them is it?
Trogs    pirate
09/10/2008 at 22:51

IMNZ have applied it too - means I'll be at very bottom of new age group instead of the top of the old one. 

09/10/2008 at 23:45
Didn't ITU make "Space 1999"?
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
10/10/2008 at 07:17
me too Trog
IronM.in    pirate
10/10/2008 at 10:08
Is that because the WTC have just been sold?
10/10/2008 at 10:18
doubt it Min - the company that bought WTC is an investment company not a sports organisation so I suspect's it's WTC seeing the light for once
IronM.in    pirate
10/10/2008 at 12:08
Good point FB, never thought of that...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.