You can't share the pain or the sofa.

1 to 20 of 46 messages
kittenkat    pirate
20/09/2013 at 17:06

Ok, quick question for those in a relationship or with other people in your life that you have to consider when deciding on how you spend your free time.

If only one of you could have significant training time (because time is limited for whatever reason), which one of you would it be and why?

The other gets exclusive use of the sofa at any time, day or night.

If there was a choice and only one of you could be classed as very fit, would you want to be that person or would you rather a buff partner?

If you don't have a partner, would you give up training for great sex and a soulmate?

(Disclaimer: Answers are not guaranteed to be published in any known scientific or psychriactric journals or Viz)

20/09/2013 at 17:09

Dump them ! If they don't accept your training they're a waste of space 

kittenkat    pirate
20/09/2013 at 17:10
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Dump them ! If they don't accept your training they're a waste of space 

So, you're the buff one Dave?

20/09/2013 at 17:27

Didn't say that I just answered your post

20/09/2013 at 17:30

You should easily be able to find a way in which everyone gets to do what they want.  SOME compromising will be necessary, but only to a point.  I mean, if someone wants to spend 20 hours training each week- fine, but you'd need to make sure you were looking after the kids, doing the chores, etc.

Me, I have set times for things and that's it!  One day each week, I do jobs.  Batch things, etc.  Then... the other 6 days are mine.

I actually had to STOP my wife from doing jobs at the weekend.

You only have to back off with the dross, such as shopping, surfing, watching tele, etc.

Kittenkat- if you are actually looking for an answer to something that's going on in your life, this question is not specific enough to generate a proper answer.

20/09/2013 at 17:36

Easy in my house. I do all the training, I generate all the income. My wife does everything else as well as spending large amounts of time on the sofa.

Only things I do are things my wife cannot do.

kittenkat    pirate
20/09/2013 at 17:40
Faithsdaddy wrote (see)

Kittenkat- if you are actually looking for an answer to something that's going on in your life, this question is not specific enough to generate a proper answer.

No, not looking for an answer to anything that's going on in my own life. I've gone past that point of being the person that my questions are aimed at, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing!

kittenkat    pirate
20/09/2013 at 17:41
RicF wrote (see)

Easy in my house. I do all the training, I generate all the income. My wife does everything else as well as spending large amounts of time on the sofa.

And you have a great relationship physically and emotionally?

Edited: 20/09/2013 at 17:41
20/09/2013 at 17:53

No.

20/09/2013 at 17:54

I'm lucky and have a very supportive GF let's me train as often as is needed, she also makes sure I eat properly as that's something am terrible at and hate cooking,she loves coming to events with me (can't get her to stay at home if I wanted to) and as a lot of my events are off island she sorts out all the travel arrangements and budget.

She has her own interests and I support her back, I guess we are soul mates and the sex is great

kittenkat    pirate
20/09/2013 at 17:55
RicF wrote (see)

No.

Why are you together?

20/09/2013 at 18:12
RicF wrote (see)

Hmmm...are you me?

Although she does organise everything from holidays to the daughters after school stuff. We made a concious choice when we adopted our daughter for her to give up work and be a house wife as I earn the most. It does grate sometimes when I've worked all day and have to work all evening on stuff she can't do. But I've made the choice and I ain't quitting now.

20/09/2013 at 18:27

Survival.

kittenkat    pirate
20/09/2013 at 18:51
pete_inthehills wrote (see)
RicF wrote (see)

Hmmm...are you me?

Although she does organise everything from holidays to the daughters after school stuff. We made a concious choice when we adopted our daughter for her to give up work and be a house wife as I earn the most. It does grate sometimes when I've worked all day and have to work all evening on stuff she can't do. But I've made the choice and I ain't quitting now.

Please don't answer if I'm speaking out of turn. How old is your daughter and when did you adopt her?

20/09/2013 at 19:41

She is 9 and we adopted her age 6. I'm a geocomputing geek. I understand computers better than I understand humans. Its been a challenge. she argues with everything I say regardless of whether its "clean your room" or "its a nice day". I hope she sees how much fun sport can be from me rather than how to spend all day on the internet like my wife. 

She comes last in her races and talks too much, she'd make a great pirate.

TR
20/09/2013 at 19:42

KK - why so many threads asking questions ? none meant, just wondered ?

20/09/2013 at 19:54
Wow Pete. I can imagine that it is a challenging job. Hopefully she will follow your footsteps and sees how much fun sport can be. Good luck!
20/09/2013 at 22:06

If only one of us could train I'd choose me, because I enjoy training a lot and wouldn't trade it for having a superfit partner.   That must go for everyone on here mustn't it.

20/09/2013 at 22:20

I think I would chose me as well.  For years it has only been me anyway and my husband already knew I was an exercise freak before we even started going out. So, if I stopped - it woud be stopping doing something that I love and have been doing since I was 15 (so.... for 28 years)

My other half on the other hand is buff whatever he does (lucky b*strd) so doesn't need the gym to look good. 

Now we both Tri and just did our first IM together and the b8gger beat me by 18 mins... game on for Outlaw.

chores are shared, we both work, and anyway, isn't that why you have kids, so that they can walk the dogs and empty the dishwasher?

20/09/2013 at 22:22

............... why would anyone WANT the sofa?

1 to 20 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.