You can't share the pain or the sofa.

1 to 20 of 37 messages
20/09/2013 at 17:09

Dump them ! If they don't accept your training they're a waste of space 

20/09/2013 at 17:27

Didn't say that I just answered your post

20/09/2013 at 17:30

You should easily be able to find a way in which everyone gets to do what they want.  SOME compromising will be necessary, but only to a point.  I mean, if someone wants to spend 20 hours training each week- fine, but you'd need to make sure you were looking after the kids, doing the chores, etc.

Me, I have set times for things and that's it!  One day each week, I do jobs.  Batch things, etc.  Then... the other 6 days are mine.

I actually had to STOP my wife from doing jobs at the weekend.

You only have to back off with the dross, such as shopping, surfing, watching tele, etc.

Kittenkat- if you are actually looking for an answer to something that's going on in your life, this question is not specific enough to generate a proper answer.

20/09/2013 at 17:36

Easy in my house. I do all the training, I generate all the income. My wife does everything else as well as spending large amounts of time on the sofa.

Only things I do are things my wife cannot do.

20/09/2013 at 17:53

No.

20/09/2013 at 17:54

I'm lucky and have a very supportive GF let's me train as often as is needed, she also makes sure I eat properly as that's something am terrible at and hate cooking,she loves coming to events with me (can't get her to stay at home if I wanted to) and as a lot of my events are off island she sorts out all the travel arrangements and budget.

She has her own interests and I support her back, I guess we are soul mates and the sex is great

20/09/2013 at 18:12
RicF wrote (see)

Easy in my house. I do all the training, I generate all the income. My wife does everything else as well as spending large amounts of time on the sofa.

Only things I do are things my wife cannot do.

Hmmm...are you me?

Although she does organise everything from holidays to the daughters after school stuff. We made a concious choice when we adopted our daughter for her to give up work and be a house wife as I earn the most. It does grate sometimes when I've worked all day and have to work all evening on stuff she can't do. But I've made the choice and I ain't quitting now.

20/09/2013 at 18:27

Survival.

20/09/2013 at 19:41

She is 9 and we adopted her age 6. I'm a geocomputing geek. I understand computers better than I understand humans. Its been a challenge. she argues with everything I say regardless of whether its "clean your room" or "its a nice day". I hope she sees how much fun sport can be from me rather than how to spend all day on the internet like my wife. 

She comes last in her races and talks too much, she'd make a great pirate.

TR
20/09/2013 at 19:42

KK - why so many threads asking questions ? none meant, just wondered ?

20/09/2013 at 19:54
Wow Pete. I can imagine that it is a challenging job. Hopefully she will follow your footsteps and sees how much fun sport can be. Good luck!
20/09/2013 at 22:06

If only one of us could train I'd choose me, because I enjoy training a lot and wouldn't trade it for having a superfit partner.   That must go for everyone on here mustn't it.

20/09/2013 at 22:20

I think I would chose me as well.  For years it has only been me anyway and my husband already knew I was an exercise freak before we even started going out. So, if I stopped - it woud be stopping doing something that I love and have been doing since I was 15 (so.... for 28 years)

My other half on the other hand is buff whatever he does (lucky b*strd) so doesn't need the gym to look good. 

Now we both Tri and just did our first IM together and the b8gger beat me by 18 mins... game on for Outlaw.

chores are shared, we both work, and anyway, isn't that why you have kids, so that they can walk the dogs and empty the dishwasher?

20/09/2013 at 22:22

............... why would anyone WANT the sofa?

20/09/2013 at 22:33

I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone if it meant I couldn't do the things (whatever they may be) that were important to me. 

However I am pretty selfish. The result of this is that I am single and I do what I want, when I want, as often as I choose. 

WildWill    pirate
20/09/2013 at 22:58

being in a relashionship is about doing what is important to  your significant other 

WildWill    pirate
20/09/2013 at 23:04

when you sre willing to give it all up for those you love. it is then thry alow you the space to fly

20/09/2013 at 23:55

KK - your posts arent making much sense..

I am single not sexually active with anyone or even dating anyone..I work full time and train a fair amount of time - I organise my time and have time to see someone if I so wished. i dont think people realsie how much time they waste in a day - However I wouldnt REPLACE my training for great sex and soulmate - That "great" soulmate would give you time needed when needed to train for whatever level/comp/fun anything...

Someone did post - why would you want the sofa.. I agree..  

20/09/2013 at 23:57

However on a note - If i was with someone who I deeply love and we for example had both been called up for GB in RIO but I was given the choice only one could go.....then....I would only hope me and partner would have the same thoughts

21/09/2013 at 17:13

What's that James Stewart film called where he sells his pocket watch to buy his wife a set of silver brushes for her hair and she sells her hair to buy him a chain for his pocket watch?  I think for Christmas-they had no money.

Do you think people do things like that anymore?  Did they ever?

1 to 20 of 37 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.