You guys and girls must get fed up of all these 'Newbie' threads....

Very little gear and NO idea!

21 to 33 of 33 messages
26/03/2013 at 14:44

Hi everyone! Haven't been on here in a few days as had so much going on....

I'm pleased to announce that I had my first ride on sunday on my gorgeous new bike.... Without falling off!

I spent about an hour leaning against the wall practicing clipping in and out before I dared make the brave move to join the busy road outside my house :S It was quite scary and only did about 4 miles but loved every second! 

I will admit that I deliberately took a route where i wouldn't have to stop at any point so didn't have to risk falling off although on the flip side I do need to practice stopping without making a fool of myself but not then!

So all in all a good first ride

WildWill    pirate
26/03/2013 at 14:54

Great one ... onward and upward as they say

26/03/2013 at 16:01

Well done GingerG, I'm new to clipless too, I found you either have to be good at unclipping or be good at falling off, I'm getting quite good at the latter, even managed to ride into a car before hitting the high street pavement

Of course my 1st consern is always "oh no, dont scratch the bike" then check fingers toes etc

26/03/2013 at 19:25
Yay well done Ginger g!
29/03/2013 at 12:42

Happy Easter everyone! 

Good work on that fall Toasty! Have you been riding recently?

I went on my first 'long' ride yesterday - 20 miles YAY! I only meant to go about 10 but kinda got lost and ended up miles away from where I intended  Aaah well I enjoyed it.... Although sitting is a little uncomfortable today haha

I also decided to go for a 3mile run after lunch as well.... Was suprisingly hard work (painful!) after the ride. I did have a couple of hours of relaxing inbetween but I've now got a lot more respect for all of you who can get off a bike and run straight away... Something to work towards I guess

Anyways Hope you all have a good Easter chilling with family and friends and getting out and riding/biking

WhizKid    pirate
29/03/2013 at 12:51
Well done on your long ride! Keep working on the running afterwards as well, if its only 10 mins that's good, it gets your body use too the feeling and come race day it won't feel too bad at all! It may look sunny out there but wrap up warm its bleeding freezing! Happy Easter to you all
31/03/2013 at 22:16

Happy Easter to all.

Well done on the long ride GingerG, I got out yesterday for a couple of hours and managed to stay upright all the way round, I'm in a mild panic as I'm doing the Wolf run on Saturday and the Warwick 100km sportive on Sunday, poor organising on my front and now the days are nearly here, even poorer preparation, I'm not going to go mad on them, just use the bike race as experience and have fun on the Wolf.............I hope  

02/04/2013 at 10:45

Heyy I hope you all had a fab Easter!

Wow That sounds like a tough weekend for you Toasty Hope you are planning to chill out on Monday! 

06/04/2013 at 21:03

Well, we missed out on the Wolf run today, bloody car broke down on the way, really gutted as it was a cracking day. Just the 100k cycle tomorrow morn, 8am start so better turn in.

07/04/2013 at 15:43

Just completed my first cylo sportive 100k, the furthest I've ever cycled in 1 go, lots of fun an loads of massive hills that tested my feeble legs, nice tea and bikky stop half way round, it seemed a bit easier after a nice cuppa, managed to get round in 4.36 according to the computer, that's without the much needed tea break.

Looking forward to more events, first tri is next month, hopefully my legs will be a bit better this year. 

seren nos    pirate
07/04/2013 at 15:51
  1. well done toasty.......its onwards and upwards
08/04/2013 at 11:07

Well done Toasty! thats fantastic How are the legs feeling now? That makes my 20mile ride and 500m swim yesterday look like a feeble effort! (I was pleased with it lol)

Finally had the go ahead from my physio to start swimming so did 500m on Fri and another 500m yesterday (both took ages as had to keep stopping) - was pleased as my shoulder coped but I need to work on my technique  I've contacted my local swimming club for lessons/masters session and was invited along for a free trial masters session which I'm going to give a go.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

08/04/2013 at 13:34

That's great news GingerG, I had a bad shoulder injury last year and used swimming as part of my rehab, which sort of got me into my first Tri.It was great to build my shoulder back up and I also took lessons to learn front Crawl, in fact have 2 lessons left, it has helped 100%, I couldn't manage 1 length last year without blowing out my arse, I'm quite happy with my technique now and the tips and hints from the instructors are great, what was often yelled at me I have now adopted as my mantra's "keep long and glide in the water" and "don't fight the water, go with the flow"

Yes, I'm very pleased with my efforts yesterday, I'm surprised that my legs are OK today but my backside is very tender after munching on my saddle for half a day.

Planning to go for a relaxing swim tonight and spend a bit of time in the spa bath, before nipping into the local to replace all those lost carbs or two

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.