your most stupid/bizzare accident or injury

doh how stupid am I?

21 to 40 of 40 messages
04/12/2012 at 16:22

In my late teens I went over the handle bars and caught part of my gentleman's area on one of these:

http://www.stripedesigngroup.com/estore/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product_images/BIKE_BELL_3.jpg

Stitches were needed.  It wasn't pretty.

Red_dog_chris    pirate
04/12/2012 at 16:46
Ding! Ding!
04/12/2012 at 17:30

so ID, one could say you caught the knackers on the clackers.....

04/12/2012 at 18:27

Nice one FB!

Or, you could say, he got caught playing with his ding-a-ling-a-ling!

04/12/2012 at 18:40

Two 'events' spring to mind, both when I was a lad at school and both involving alcohol!  The first I'd been out to a local farm partaking of the local scrumpy (it was Somerset).  Cycling home slightly worse the wear I fell asleep (I'm a sleepy drunk) and woke up in the ditch at the side of the road!  Buckled wheel, torn trews, I walked the rest of the way!

The next was at the end of A level exams.  I celebrated at lunchtime down the pub with my mates forgetting the swimming gala I was doing in the afternoon!  I turned up almost legless and proceeded to lose a race I should have won easily!  And then I couldn't even climb out of the pool!  Swimming teacher said he nearly jumped in to save me at one point and wasn't happy when he realised it was all because I was drunk!

04/12/2012 at 19:48
FB - excellent.

My attempts didn't get past lame puns around bells.
Doner Kebab    pirate
04/12/2012 at 20:01

I signed up to enduroman double, the south downs way 100 mile run and the Outlaw for next year - all in the space of 5 weeks - fecking idiot

05/12/2012 at 12:06

Driving into the car park of my first triathlon I failed to note the height of an overhead barrier. Result: broken bike saddle, dint in car roof and humiliation in front of the crowd of triathletes who noticed the loud bang as I hit it.

Edited: 05/12/2012 at 12:06
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
05/12/2012 at 18:34

oops!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/12/2012 at 21:17

holgs yes that would explain a lot but then so does the fact that as a kid I had half my nice new proper front tooth kicked out by a horse and then a few years later whilst bandaging the leg of a horse he flicked a fly away by rapidly moving his foot. Again my head was in the way - I now sport a scar.

05/12/2012 at 22:15
My twin brother and I managed a head on bicycle collision when we were about 12. We both went over the handlebars and landed in a messy heap.
06/12/2012 at 11:08

well it's kind of sporting accident as it happened at the rugby club

on my stag night at the club (I was still playing in those days) I fell headfirst off a table while trying to dance in a pool of beer simutaneously taking my clothes off (Aye Ziggy Zumba for those who have been around rugby clubs).  

headfirst meant face first and breaking a front tooth in half which I only noticed when I woke up the following morning with a raging hangover.  otherwise, my face was fine - just half a tooth less in my gob.

and this "following morning" was the day before the wedding so I had no time to get a repair done and as a result all my wedding photos have me with a strange smile trying not to display my front teeth....

I still have the half tooth - but it's been capped for a very long time now!

The Silent Assassin    pirate
06/12/2012 at 13:24
Mrs SA wrote (see)

Yep i have

At the Vitruvian a couple of years back.  The swim is 2 laps.  You swim 1, get out run round and back into the lake for your 2nd lap.  On starting my 2nd lap, i thought i would be clever and "dive" into the water like proper "triaffaletes", only to realise the water was knee deep.

I remember laughing at that!

But thought you would have put up the one on the Middlewood way on our MTB when you rode into that bar that was face height and got the mouthful of blood, what impressive though was the bike carried on with no one riding for a good distance.

For me was out on a long ride and had almost finished and was 100 yards from home when got up on pedals and chain slipped causing me to somersault over the handlebars

Edited: 06/12/2012 at 13:24
06/12/2012 at 13:29

out running with the running club down a trail and heard a noise, looked up, clipped a tree stump landed on my back, x ray the day after showed fractured lower vertebrae, no running for 18 months

06/12/2012 at 15:17

Thanks for reminding me about the MTB incident!!     I had a fat lip for days.

There was also the time out running in Macclesfield forest ...... blimey, surprised my body is still intact  

06/12/2012 at 15:23
Oh yes, you went body surfing down that trail.
Plus the farm road, penningtons lane
06/12/2012 at 15:36

I remember limping home with a mucky t-shirt, a chipped tooth and my arms covered in cuts and bruises.  Got a few odd looks !

Razor51    pirate
07/12/2012 at 16:40
Whilst out riding my bike I swerved to miss a pedestrian and finished up falling off down a set of steps ,couldn't unclip quick enough fractured my Fibular and dislocated my ankle 6 weeks before Outlaw 2012. Oh the joys of cycling;-)
14/12/2012 at 14:08
This morning, I was getting ready for work when the other half shouted me to say she had fallen (on the icy steps at our back door). I came rushing out and, not realising there was this black ice I went flying as well and landed in a heap on the ground next to the missus. She is now laid up with a bad back and my glute area is giving me some jip. We must have looked like a scene out of laurel and hardy
Red_dog_chris    pirate
14/12/2012 at 19:59
Lol slapstick

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 40 of 40 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.