2000 mile run

6 messages
05/04/2010 at 15:49
CRAZINESS RIGHT HERE!!! Has anyone else heard about this random ass 2000 mile run from boston to austin for charity? I stumbled across it when I was pertaking in my usual weekend bout of Facebook stalking and saw that one of my friends had become a fan of a group called 2000 mile run (http://www.facebook.com/2000milerun). I clicked on it and started to read the discussion page that gave a bit of a bio as to what the run was and why they were doing it - all seemed so random and crazy. I then watched the trailer that they had featured on there, think it’s on You Tube too and all became very clear!!!
These two brothers from Wales and one Texan are running up to 40 miles a day over 2 months in a bit to raise money for 3 charities (heart foundation, war vetrans and young cancer victims). They are running from Boston to Austin and al they have is each other and a dream to bring hope to those who have limited hope! Is this physically possible?
It seems proper insane - 2000miles - I can barely run to the shops let alone 40 miles a day. I think they're website is http://www.2000milerun.com and I think there was a link to twitter on their facebook fan page if my memory serves me right. Has anyone else heard about this and do you know if that is their proper website as I want to see if these nutters can actually pull off the ultimate endurance challenge.
cheers mm
AndrewSmith    pirate
05/04/2010 at 17:09
Pah!! Eddie Izzard could do that in a fortnight!!
AndrewSmith    pirate
05/04/2010 at 17:09
In heels.
05/04/2010 at 17:39
maybe with a dress on to - i know he can be that way inclined. do you really think though - he only ran a marathon a day not 40 miles.
AndrewSmith    pirate
05/04/2010 at 17:43

I am sure he could step up to the mark, after all he really did run a marathon a day for ages! I doubt someone like Willian Sichel could do it though, even though he is one of the top ultra runners around today he struggled to do 1000 miles in less than 14 days, Eddie would have done that in a week!

05/04/2010 at 19:32
i'd say 2 days and he would have done that! I wonder if the guys have been watching marathon man for some tips! did u check out their trailer on you tube or facebook - it's pretty cool. I hope they can do - it would be a massive achievement although an utterly crazy one!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.