24hr tread mill run

8 messages
01/02/2012 at 08:24
lol,I DID IT i ran (walked a few times) for 24hrs on a treadmill at the weekend for charity. For those who do this regularly, my hat goes off  to you !!! all the months of training and pain finally paid off. I covered 89 miles and I'm so pleased with myself. If anyone is thinking of doing this.... go for it, its just an amazing feeling
01/02/2012 at 09:03
Well done mate,thinking about running on a treadmill myself for a  few years now.  
01/02/2012 at 10:18
Jeez. 24 hours on a dreadmill. Absolutely well done!
01/02/2012 at 12:50
 Thank you sooooo much !!!! im well pleased with myself, it was such hard work, and "mind over matter" at times, but i would recommend it to any one . only 1 blister and a tight hamstring as "war wounds" !!!
01/02/2012 at 13:52
Great job, mad 1, do you have a blog or 'race' report somewhere? It would be interesting to read about how it went, especially the mental side of things. Well done again.
01/02/2012 at 16:26
ye, I'm in the process of typing it up, complete with a few pics, so if you, or anyone, wants to know how i feel, my highs and lows, what food and drink helped, what training i did etc, i will be most welcome to pass it on. just leave a note of your request to have a copy, on here, and i'll arrange for it to be sent. the way i look at it, if you can run a marathon, still be alive after it and with the will to run again, you can run extreme distances. I've got two weeks of rest (trainers orders) but  i cant wait to get back out running.
01/02/2012 at 16:28
just thought, check out my web site in the mean time www.two4run.com
10/02/2012 at 11:51
You have seriously got to do it. !!!! i'm great believer that "you'll never know what your body's capable of, until you've pushed it to its max".  and i have Type 1 Diabetes. With great support around you, you can accomplish anything, go for it !!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.