Are there tower running groups?

5 messages
16/01/2011 at 17:12

I would like to know if there are any groups for tower runners. Also what towers in London can you have access to at any time to do tower running?

Edited: 16/01/2011 at 17:13
16/01/2011 at 18:48
i would love to know an answer to this too!
17/01/2011 at 11:15

I'd be surprised if you can get access to buildings in London (or any city for that matter) to run up and down the stairs.

There are issues about health and safety and liability in the event you fall, or run into someone who's just trying to go to another floor, plus security/terrorism issues around letting people into buildings in the capital.

17/01/2011 at 13:09
The tower blocks at hospitals have stairways which are generally accessible to all.  Great training when 'im indoors was incarcerated on the 10th floor of St. Thos's for a month and I visited him twice daily.  Best not to make yourselves too noticeable though.
17/01/2011 at 17:44
RM - curiously I just had this event twittered at me by tri247.com

Vertical Rush London

there's also a link to Vertical World Circuit which might have more info you're looking for - interesting links page as well
Edited: 17/01/2011 at 17:47

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.