Atlantic Coast Challenge

21 to 26 of 26 messages
28/12/2011 at 15:44
Bristol marathon? That would be good! I don't think I'll manage the half marathon as its the weekend after the ACC. I would definitely want to do a marathon before then - perhaps May or June, to see what it feels like to go out for a (short!) run the next day...

Hmmm, I think I'll keep my Edinburgh time to myself! I managed to 'run' about 22 miles, but then had to walk, as we were all nearly horizontal in the winds coming off the coast into our faces. That wasn't fun at all. I've done Edinburgh twice, but its not a particularly scenic route (my best mate signed me up for both), and as far as I can remember, you spend most of your time running along a rather desolate bit of coastline towards a power station.

If you do decide to accept emails, let me know, cos I wouldn't mind talking to you about places to run in the country around Bristol, but it might be abit specific for a forum thread! I just went for a run and ended up running up Muller Road for the last bit, from the motorway, so my lungs are probably completely black by now!
28/12/2011 at 16:14
Never mind, the weather is something you can't plan for!
Sure no problem, I'll let you have my e-mail , do you prefer road or trail running
Practicing some trail running would be a definite advantage before ACC !
Edited: 29/12/2011 at 01:12
26/02/2012 at 20:12
Just signed up for this event. Looks fantastic, can't wait!

Anyone else doing this one?

Chris
29/02/2012 at 12:25
I've done it before and its incredible. Very tough though especially day 3 which clocked about 30 miles when I ran in 2010. Wonderful event though...I'd definitely do it again but probably not this year.
29/02/2012 at 19:58
Argh, I sooo want to do it now, but having to apply for full time jobs, and as a single mum, I can't honestly see when I can fit in the training... I'll be GUTTED if, after all this, I can't do it. Though I guess things could change by next year, so maybe I'll just have to postpone it...

Still training just in case and still hoping!!
02/04/2012 at 10:47

Hmm, I meet Muttley's criteria for this type of event (ie age, pace etc). And beginning to think it may be fun to try !

A question on preparation ... to see whether I really could/should consider it?
I typically run up to half marathon distance, so thinking how to extend .. so planning for a 3 day event :

Is it better to build distance over 3 days (eg run 10 miles 3 days in a row, then build up distances to about 20 miles per day for three days)

Or build up from 13 to 20 day 1, with shorter (eg) 5 miles or so on days 2 & 3, then once I'm OK with 20 day 1, start building day 2 ...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.