brecon beacons ultra

who's in

41 to 60 of 72 messages
21/11/2011 at 10:28
good to see everyone suffe.....enjoying themselves...

I must have another crack at this one before I get too old (shuttup at the back please....) - won't be 2012 as I have promised myself a year off long stuff, but 2013 will be my bus pass year so why not eh??

anyone know what time the last person came in?

as for Likey's other events - well they always have the 6633 Ultra y'know and they are supposed to be putting another foreign ultra together and I have a sneaky suspicion I might know where but I shall keep quiet about that

Hope    pirate
21/11/2011 at 13:38

Well done to all who raced this. It's one I fancy one day... maybe!

Nam
21/11/2011 at 13:48

Well done Seren and everyone else who did this.

We popped along between 5-6pm and cheered at a few people while walking the dog along the canal. 

Seren sorry we missed you finish but we had to be back home by a certain time for other stuff but it's the thought that counts. x

seren nos    pirate
21/11/2011 at 14:51
I did look out for you nam..........I wasn't a pretty sight at the end............had to use my cheating sticks to manage the last 2 miles on the canal..........and i didn't say a single word until we met the guy marshalling the bit to get off it
LFW
26/11/2011 at 17:30

Thank you so much for the very kind comments. Sue and I have been away for the last week in sunny Iceland (actually it was flippin freezing and snowed every day), so its only now I am catching up with this thread.
It is genuinely a great privielige for us to organise the event and knowing everyone had a great time is a massive cherry on the cake.
It goes without saying that we couldnt hope to do this event without the help of an amazing crew, with hero's like FB and Pgiving up their time over a weekend to support all the runners. The comments on here, on other forums and on the Likeys Facebook page time and time again refer to these selfless, passionate people who go a long way to making Sue and my job an utmost pleasure.

As for other races.... We do of course organise a little 120 or 350 mile wobble in the Canadian Arctic (not for profit just for passion) although we are having a year off in 2012, but we already have enough entry deposits for 2013 to say with little doubt that this will be the next edition.

We also have another foreign race in the making for the end of August 2012, website and details should be forthcoming very shortly. What I can say is that it will be a 7 day stage race over approx 150 miles in what I think (I am biased) is an amazing out of this world environment that has variety and surprises every day....

As for further UK races...... Likeys isn't mean't to be primarily race organisers, we organise the few little wobbles we do for the fun of it. However, if there was demand for us to do another little jaunt (say in the Summer) it wouldn't take much to persuade us....... Just let us come down to earth after last weekend and our week away and we will canvass some further thoughts. However, there does seem to be a lot of new races popping up every week.....

Anyway, I digress. When I started this response, all I really wanted to say was THANK YOU....

Cheers LFW

LFW
GKD
26/11/2011 at 20:31
And thanks to LFW for all the effort you put in. Now would your little holiday be anything to do with the new race you're planning I wonder? 
GKD
01/12/2011 at 19:37

Would also like to say a huge thanks to Martin and sue for organising a truly superb ultra, this was my first ultra and the support from the marshals and fellow runners was outstanding, will definately be back for next years race , im hooked!! but Tor y foel the second time around was not funny!!!  Hahahaha!!!!!!!

Diolch yn fawr,

Geraint.

01/12/2011 at 20:58
I may enter this one next year.   I take it is a difficult one.
GKD
30/04/2012 at 18:40
Entry opens at midnight tonight, bear in mind it sold out in 48 hours last year and there's already huge interest again for this year.
I'm undecided about doing it again, really enjoyed the social side last year, met some great people and had a good night afterwards, Sue and Martin were everything people said they were but the route just bored the arse off me.
I wonder if I could go just for the quiz?
GKD
30/04/2012 at 22:56
I know what you mean . The Tow Path was a real drag especially the second time around.
05/09/2012 at 21:36

A long shot I know but.....I'm looking for an entry spot for this event (2012) if anyone knows of someone who can no longer attend I would appreciate the place.

21/10/2012 at 18:38
I have two places available if anyone wants them
23/10/2012 at 13:15

I've a place as well if any one wants it.

25/10/2012 at 09:13
Hi I would be very grateful for a place. I have run the event for the last two years but unfortunatly missed a place this year. If anyone has a place still left please can they email on garnerpdg@hotmail.com. Many thanks
25/10/2012 at 11:52

emailed you Paul

07/11/2012 at 15:19

anyone racing who's not in a team, but happy to join an elagen team?  We may be 1-2 runners short from dropouts.

seren nos    pirate
09/11/2012 at 17:51

running up there today and parts of the tracks are closed opff for forestry work,,with diversions........wonder if the route will be chamged or just run through it as it will be weekend

11/11/2012 at 13:53

Might be worth mentioning to Martiin and Sue.  Although I'm sure they'll be doing a check of the course at some point.

14/11/2012 at 18:45

I'm looking forward to this. Met office currently say light rain followed by sleet and snow for Pen y Fan...

15/11/2012 at 19:40

... now saying sleet in the morning and sunny intervals later...

41 to 60 of 72 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.