Caesars Camp 100 Miler

New trail race

401 to 420 of 916 messages
AndrewSmith    pirate
06/02/2010 at 10:51
Nothing to say, just bumping the spam
30/06/2010 at 15:20

Anyone registered for this?

Apparently there's a 125mile option this year!

30/06/2010 at 23:28
Havent yet but will be, have been there every year since it started.

Think you will have to do 100 miles in about 24hrs to be able to carry on to 125 and then have to finish under 30hrs.
09/07/2010 at 19:31
I'm in - being verbally abused by Henk is one of my favourite things
24/07/2010 at 14:02
I'm in, its full !! only just got entry off in time.
09/09/2010 at 11:35
I am going to have a go at the 50.
It will be my first ultra, I don't know whether to be excited or terrified.

Can anyone tell me when and where to register?
09/09/2010 at 13:58
google caesars camp
10/09/2010 at 12:23
Yeah, tried that first.
Found the sites for the 2009 and 2010 events.
Couldn't see any registration info on either of them. Am I thick, or is it not there?
Thought I would see if someone here could help before I emailed Henk. I've heard that it is not a good idea to upset him
10/09/2010 at 12:46

he is not that bad - especially if you are going to give him money

10/09/2010 at 12:50

just checked - entries closed at the end of last month

We are open for entries until the 30th of August 2010 unless we reach the limit before. Entry limit is 110 runners across all distances with no weighting on any distance.
No entry forms needed. T & C will at registration HQ against which you sign. This means that you will not receive any post from me, just find your name on the online list.

probably worth emailing him to see if he still has places

13/09/2010 at 02:16

Thanks for the heads up.

I got my entry in before the race filled up, have checked the web site and I am on the list.

I just thought that with less than a month to go I had better find out where the registration HQ is, and spend some time with Mr Googlemap so that I know how to get to it.

I will send Henk an email.

29/09/2010 at 14:44

Hi, did you get your info?  See you there, a friend and I are doing the 100 - seemed like a good idea at the time........  looking forward to finding out what I'm made of!!

Good luck !

29/09/2010 at 18:23
Hi Guys/Girls

My first crack at 100. Starting to get a little anxious. Plan is to try and enjoy it for as long as possible and then try and hang in there. Look forward to meeting some of you next weekend. Hope all the training has gone well.

Anyone else out there? I could do with some inspiration!

29/09/2010 at 22:15
I'm there, having another crack at the 100. Normally a good friendly crowd, Dick and Henk do a good job at the check points. And the course is suitably tough.

See you there.

29/09/2010 at 22:53

Hi ND and 2B, good to "meet" a couple of fellow nutters - I have many doubts about finishing but intend to have a lot of fun trying - never done more than 42 in a day and no night running so I'm hoping ignorance is gonna be bliss  How about you?  Seasoned long distancers?

30/09/2010 at 08:21
I have done a bit but the furthest I've run is 50 odd on a few occasions and expect this to be a somewhat darker place. We shall see.

I know ND is a very experienced and well seasoned ultra distancer.

Thanks so much for the responses. I hadn't seen a post on here for ages and thought it might be rather lonely next weekend. I look forward to meeting Henk. (I think). Not that excited about the country music but think that's the plan.

Twinkletoes, it sounds as if you have a great attitude and sure you will crack it. You got to head out with plans to have fun or else it could be a long, long day, night, day etc.

Enjoy the rest of your week and prep for the race guys. Hope to chat before the race. A week on Saturday! Eeeeeek!
30/09/2010 at 08:30

Good morning  good to know there's such a broad mix of abilities - should be really interesting and, from what I've learned about multi stage ultras so far, there's very much an attitude of "leave no man behind" - so much different to marathon running where people would step on their own grandmother to get a PB.  I'm running with a friend but going up that morning as I'm only in the New Forest and, as I have Mara des Sables next year, am trying to save the pennies!  I'm Penni, she's Paula - look forward to meeting everyone ! 

One thing I'm dreading is the "song stuck in your head" syndrome - could be very embarrassing at work on Monday......  still, if that's all I've got to worry about then all is well

30/09/2010 at 12:15

One very important thing is to be nice to the organisers - they hold your fate in their hands

Ultras normally attract very nice people and everyone seems to root for everyone else, which is a big help.
From what I remember the gradients aren't too bad, but the ground underfoot isn't too good (especially if it's wet!), so I'll be walking all/most of the ups and probably some of the downs.

I'd say that the main things to think about are pacing, kit and nutrition. Oh, and be nice to the organisers

30/09/2010 at 13:09
And the lady who's turning up on Sunday morning with cold pizza and driving you home. You need to be really really nice to her.
30/09/2010 at 13:28
I'd be happy to finish on Sunday morning
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.