Caesars Camp 100 Miler

New trail race

681 to 700 of 948 messages
09/10/2012 at 18:43

Popped down today for a lap.  I counted 2 more cattle grids and the new fence, as prev mentioned, just before halfway CP.  Seems a little more overgrown in parts this year (no doubt due to the extra rain we've had), and it's quite wet.  I hope we get a dry spell for a week!

09/10/2012 at 18:57
A new fence!!!!!!! The horror.........I'm an elite at falling over fences
09/10/2012 at 19:56

Just noticed Ryan Brown and Richie Cunningham are both in the 100.  That will be an interesting battle!

WiB
09/10/2012 at 20:08

Ryan has dropped out with injury I think Daz...

How muddy is it underfoot?

WiB
09/10/2012 at 20:24

Ah thats a pity.  I met him at Malverns Ultra last year, nice bloke.  Seems to have come into some great form.

Well put it this way,  if you don't mind wet feet and have decent studs then not such a problem.  May get slippy descents once we've done a few laps, hard to say.  Def will add a few mins on last year.  Still time for some sunny weather (ever the optimist!)

WiB
09/10/2012 at 20:28

Yep... if it dried up a bit would be nice by the sounds of it.

WiB
09/10/2012 at 20:30
The narrow stoney track coming down from the lookout was quite tricky in the wet.

Shame about Ryan.
WiB
10/10/2012 at 10:57

It is. After his SDW effort would have been a good race between him and Richie Cunningham.

I would like to run in my f-lites as they are so comfortable but not so great in the mud so would need it to dry up a touch by the sounds of it. I have a pair of trailrocs as well which would be better in the mud but never done more than a couple hours in them, I am sure they would be fine though

How much slower is it likely to be? As long as it is not ankle deep I don't think it will do too much harm to times... Daz will still nip round in 7 hours flat!

WiB
10/10/2012 at 11:04

Whatever the conditions are underfoot, 27:59:59 is still the target

10/10/2012 at 11:19

Respect mate, I presume you have support?

10/10/2012 at 11:25

I've got someone popping down for a few hours in the night to deliver some hot soup. He's a cyclist so doesn't really understand all this running lark

10/10/2012 at 16:15

Battling shin splints from the weekend's outings, so a few days of enforced rest which probably isn't a bad thing as I'm knackered 

WiB
10/10/2012 at 17:46

Rest up Rich and all will be fine

Hope it goes smoothly tomorrow Daz.

WiB
15/10/2012 at 08:15

Does anybody else suffer frm paranoia, in the week before a race? As all my children have colds as has everyone around me... every sniffle (which I have) I feel will turn in to a serious virus,  where  cannot move yet alone run this weekend?! feel like I should lock my self away for a week!

15/10/2012 at 08:41

Paranoia?

One of the attractions of this sort of event is that you don't know whether or not you are going to finish, even when you are 3/4 of the way through.

Of course everyone around you seems to have a cold - you're tapering. But chill out, a touch of cold may be the least of the problems come race day!

Hope everyone else is tapering well and starting to feel strong

Ran 10 miles this morning with 8.5 to go on Wednesday. 2hr bike commute on Tuesday and Thursday and day of rest Friday 

Hope the op went well Daz

See you all on Saturday

WiB
15/10/2012 at 09:04

15 for me yesterday just some short stuff tue/wed/thur and then ready to run

Hope the op went well Daz.

WiB
15/10/2012 at 10:28

15 miles for me also,  on Saturday. An hour run today and another hour this Wednesday and will do nothing apart from eat and sleep (and maybe work) Thursday and Friday.

15/10/2012 at 14:22

Cheers guys.  Op itself was a bit of a farce.  Waiting 2hrs as main surgeon was on walkabout(!).  Back-up surgeon gave me 4 local injections then disappeared to (to calm down the next person on list who was complaining about the wait).  Then main surgeon walks in and takes over.  Was in a foul mood and felt he was tugging a bit too hard with what was left of my arm lol.  Seeing nurse on Wed.  Hoping to get a more 'off the record' response to my wish to race Sat.  

I counted 2 trenches and 2 stiles on each lap during my recce that may require a hand-down. If its wet too then chances of slipping.  Will make decision Fri.  If I'm not down then best of luck!  A bit of dirt will add to the fun 

WiB
15/10/2012 at 14:50

That sounds less than ideal Daz. Hope you get some good news on Wed and can make it on Sat. I think you might be making a smart move if you are more likely to slip and do some damage to it.

WiB
15/10/2012 at 17:37

Hi Daz, as WiB says I have had to pull out.  Had a calf niggle for a few weeks that is refusing to budge and so no real point starting this one for me.  Really annoying as have hardly raced this year since SDW and have generally been injury free and so was really looking forward to this!  Sounds like you have got your own injuries to worry about...hope you make it to the start line!

WiB, good luck for this weekend, as to all of you competing.  The missus is still running the 100 and so might pop down at some point to cheer her and others on...depends on whether I can persuade my 5-year old of the merits of going to cheer mummy and her friends on as she runs around around in circles through sandy puddles

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.